Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Sway Bar fitting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
frostyf
Sorry finger trouble and duplicate post, can you del the second one please?

Hi, I'm looking at fitting a front sway bar on my 73 and need to ask fir a bit of advice. Ive spotted a few in tje classifieds tjat seem to go lile lightening.
I've looked at a 22mm bar and wanted to ask if the through body bushing cups can be adapted (with a different size bushing) to take a stock 15mm bar or larger 22mm bars? I've been looking for bushing cups on eBay (90134375401 -
https://www.ebay.com/itm/PORSCHE-911-912-91...4383.l4275.c10)

Also are 911 front sway bars compatible with a 914 and or the same bushing cups?

Thanks in advance!
ConeDodger
It is a crime pretty much that some of the cars didn’t come with sway bars. The factory bars were easier to find when I bought mine, frankly, it was one of the most dramatic improvements I made.

Ultimately, I got a Taret bar and sold that stock one. They cost about double what the factory ones do these days but the quality is amazing. They are adjustable as well so you’re good for future mods as well.

Just search Taret with Porsche and it should show up...
Mark Henry
agree.gif Almost the same story, my '74 1.8 (now a 3.0/6) came with no sway bars, first I added stock F/R sway bars and just this year I installed a Tarett 22mm adjustable hollow front sway bar.
Adding the stock bar was a 100% improvement and the Tarett almost doubled that figure.

The Tarett bar comes with everything that's needed except the A arm bracket.
I was lucky as my A-arm brackets were already on my arms but it's hit or miss, some no sway bar cars have the bracket and some don't. The bracket is available or easy to make, it has to be welded onto the arm.

911 used two styles of front sway bars, through the body bar and the under the body bar, you want the through the body style bar.
infraredcalvin
I have stock front and rear bars and hardware I’ve been meaning to sell...
Mikey914
I've made up a bunch of the A arm mounts for the drop links, so probably should get those listed up. I just needed to make paper templates to show where to mount.
iankarr
Sorry I can't speak to the questions in the OP, but there's a link to a swaybar install video in my signature. Hope it helps...
frostyf
Your video is really clear and easy to follow; thank you for taking the time to make and share it - its really helpful for a newbie like me.
maf914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Nov 2 2019, 06:08 AM) *

agree.gif Almost the same story, my '74 1.8 (now a 3.0/6) came with no sway bars, first I added stock F/R sway bars and just this year I installed a Tarett 22mm adjustable hollow front sway bar.
Adding the stock bar was a 100% improvement and the Tarett almost doubled that figure.

The Tarett bar comes with everything that's needed except the A arm bracket.
I was lucky as my A-arm brackets were already on my arms but it's hit or miss, some no sway bar cars have the bracket and some don't. The bracket is available or easy to make, it has to be welded onto the arm.

Yep, I agree.

My 76 came without sway bars, but had the brackets on the front a-arms. I added H&H front and rear bars and Koni Red shocks. Major handling improvement. driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.