Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transaction Etiquette/Protocol/Rules
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Not_A_Six
I'm not sure if the garage is the place to post this, but I need some advice.

I purchased a part from a long-time forum member and sent payment via Paypal at his request over a week ago.

The member hasn't responded to my messages to confirm receipt of payment and asking about the status of the part shipment. I've used the "message tracking" forum feature to confirm that he's received my messages, but he's gone completely dark, despite logging on here daily. WTF.gif

I'm still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at this point, as maybe he's just busy, or has some problem with the part that he's working through before he responds. confused24.gif

But, I'm about ready to call him out here. How is this type of thing handled on the forum?

Thanks.
rhodyguy
Should've shipped next biz day after receipt of payment and you should have received a tracking #. At times the only recourse seems to be full disclosure. Once outed makes it difficult to sell parts. One more pm then cry havoc and let fly...
mb911
The only thing I can add is that life happens. Sometimes you have to give them a week or so to work things.
Mikey914
I get things happen. There may be a perfectly valid reason, but if the member has your money, and is unresponsive for a week or so with multiple messages. I'd ask what's up.
bobboinski
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Nov 1 2019, 07:26 PM) *

Should've shipped next biz day after receipt of payment and you should have received a tracking #. At times the only recourse seems to be full disclosure. Once outed makes it difficult to sell parts. One more pm then cry havoc and let fly...

I agree with rhodyguy. If the seller shows up as active here then I think there should be a response to your inquiries. Part of doing business for me.
Steve
A couple of days worse case to respond with a ship date is etiquette for me.
gcrotvik
Open a claim with PayPal. They will give you your money back and deduct it from his account. No muss, no fuss.
porschetub
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Nov 2 2019, 04:44 PM) *

Open a claim with PayPal. They will give you your money back and deduct it from his account. No muss, no fuss.

What after one week WTF.gif ,the OP has nothing else to do and forgets others may be doing more....
injunmort
yeah, after a week. had time to post ad, do transaction, take money, should have time to ship part or respond to correspondence. there is a responsibility to do transactions in a reasonable time.
jmitro
agree.gif
I have had similar interactions with one or two longtime members here but I have always received the parts I purchased eventually. Nobody has left me holding an empty bag
Highland
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Nov 1 2019, 08:44 PM) *

I agree. Isn't that why we use PayPal?

I'm guessing some honest guys just let PayPal run the dispute process cause it's less work than refunding the money themselves. Having never sold anything, can someone tell me if that's true? confused24.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Highland @ Nov 2 2019, 10:53 AM) *

QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Nov 1 2019, 08:44 PM) *

I agree. Isn't that why we use PayPal?

I'm guessing some honest guys just let PayPal run the dispute process cause it's less work than refunding the money themselves. Having never sold anything, can someone tell me if that's true? confused24.gif

No. It’s easier to spend 30 seconds on paypal to refund the money.
infraredcalvin
agree.gif

Or the same 30 sec to respond to the buyer...
mepstein
QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Nov 2 2019, 11:31 AM) *

agree.gif

Or the same 30 sec to respond to the buyer...

Yes!
Not_A_Six
Update: I see that the seller logged in again this morning, and I still have no response.

I'd still like to give him the benefit of the doubt, and hope that he's just been delayed responding and shipping.

Nevertheless, I'm going to tag him here in the hopes that he'll see this thread and respond.

@bdstone914

gcrotvik
This is about Bruce? Bruce is busy and sometimes forgetful but not a flake. Bruce, call for you in parts! Pick up on line 3.
bdstone914
@Not_A_Six ' date='Nov 2 2019, 09:01 AM' post='2758925']
Update: I see that the seller logged in again this morning, and I still have no response.

I'd still like to give him the benefit of the doubt, and hope that he's just been delayed responding and shipping.

Nevertheless, I'm going to tag him here in the hopes that he'll see this thread and respond.

@bdstone914
[/quote]

Your part shipped Thursday. Sorry for the delay. I do not see any PMs from you until today
Not_A_Six
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Nov 2 2019, 12:29 PM) *

Your part shipped Thursday. Sorry for the delay. I do not see any PMs from you until today

@bdstone914 Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the confusion.

Cheers.
Coondog
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Nov 2 2019, 10:49 AM) *

This is about Bruce? Bruce is busy and sometimes forgetful but not a flake. Bruce, call for you in parts! Pick up on line 3.

It takes Bruce 30 mins just to open his door for you at his shop... lol-2.gif
Give him some time we all have, he is one of the good guys.
Steve
I bought lots of stuff from Bruce. He always comes through!!
Literati914
QUOTE(Not_A_Six @ Nov 2 2019, 11:01 AM) *

@bdstone914

How'd I know..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.