Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: My Corvair engine project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
r3dplanet
Hello. If you've followed my thread here:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...marcus++corvair

.. then you'll find all you need to know about this engine. I'm selling it because of declining health and a desire to rid myself of projects. BEWARE that this engine has not yet been started, so don't buy it unless you're knowledgeable enough to troubleshoot it something goes wrong and you must solemnly swear not to yell at me if something does. My nerves can't take it. But of course I'll answer any and all questions after the sale.

The basics are:

110 Corvair block, machined, inspected, widened cylinder bores by Tom Stark of Grass Hut Performance.
Otto aluminum side covers, machined flat
Clark aluminum oil pan with extra oil capacity
VW thick wall 92mm cylinders making 3.0 liters of displacement
Modified 140 heads with bigger stainless valves, hardened seats, and custom pushrods
Forged crank with cryo treatment
Otto 20 cam
New everything, including all stainless fasteners. Even a pack of NGK spark plugs.

Bonus materials:
Corvair engine to VW adapter plate
Custom flywheel for VW starter
Rebuilt alternator with custom mount
Custom welded intakes for Weber / Dellorto heads by Tom Knoblauch

Extra Bonus:
Sweet pair of Weber 40 carbs, not yet jetted
New HEI distributor with gear

I'm sure there are a pile of extras laying around. Basically you would get every last little bit of it I have including any special tools.

What needs to be done:
Mount accessories, pulleys, etc.
Valves need initial adjustment but I can probably do that.

Asking $5k for the engine.

Can drive it anywhere within a thousand miles of Portland, Oregon. Otherwise I can ship it from a commercial-to-commercial loading dock at buyer's expense which I would imagine to be a few hundred bucks. I would recommend that you come here and examine it yourself before buying it. This is engine isn't for everyone, but it's for the right person. You know who you are.

Mikey914
I've been to the engine room!
You may want to post some current pics. I know you have spent much time and effort on it. Looked like a top notch rebuild. The thread has a lot of details, but pics always help

This is what I could find
sixnotfour
@slow914
r3dplanet
Damn, thanks! Nice pics.

Here's what it looks like today in the engine room. I made exactly no effort to clean up the table for glam photos. Door knob costs extra.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
euro911
I hope to hear your health improves, Marcus.
Nogoodwithusernames
That would be Suh-weet to put in the back of my VW Squareback... Unfortunately not in the cards since I have approximately $0 for fun car funding right now sad.gif Working on slowly acquiring bits for a T4 conversion anyways.

Hope you find a good home for it, I really enjoyed reading through your build thread for it a while back.

And while I don't personally know you, hang in there and I hope things turn your way soon! beerchug.gif
r3dplanet
QUOTE(Nogoodwithusernames @ Nov 4 2019, 03:18 PM) *

That would be Suh-weet to put in the back of my VW Squareback... Unfortunately not in the cards since I have approximately $0 for fun car funding right now sad.gif Working on slowly acquiring bits for a T4 conversion anyways.

Hope you find a good home for it, I really enjoyed reading through your build thread for it a while back.

And while I don't personally know you, hang in there and I hope things turn your way soon! beerchug.gif

Indeed it would! At some point I tried to buy a Ghia just for this project in case my 914 transplant idea didn't work. Loads of room on the Ghia engine bay. Just wasn't sure hot pink was a good color car for me.

Thank you every for the well wishes. It's too late for a health rebound I'm afraid. But in good news I was able to hire someone to get the engine out of the spare bedroom and into the living room. Just down two flights of stairs and it will be on terra firma. The plan is to try a couch dolly this weekend. Heh. What could go wrong?
sixnotfour
A Buddy's Buddy's, Pops still running his Vair powered Buggy.
Marcus..Keep On Keepin On.. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.