Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got to visit the Magnus collection.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bdstone914
Thanks to Matt Whitesell I heard Magnus wanted a set if Riveara wheels. Had a nice set and offered to deliver them with the underlying motive to see his cars and place. OMG.
Went there with my grandson Matty. He hooked him up with signed posters, Tee shirts, Magnus hot wheels cars and more.
Definitely made our day. Got to see his 914 creation that is going to be at SEMA.
Sworn to secrecy on any details. Funny thing is Felix who sold him the car was there and I sold Felix the door which Felix decorated which was the inspiration for the theme Magnus had to create this 914.
Got the grand tour. Wow.
He really made one happy ten year old.
And one seventy year old too. (Me)
sixnotfour
his art 914??
bdstone914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Nov 3 2019, 08:13 AM) *

his art 914??

Yes.
914Sixer
Too cool. biggrin.gif
Larmo63
He's a really nice person, people get the wrong impression of him.
Tbrown4x4
I never heard of him before I came across the video "Urban Outlaw". Very impressive story.
burton73
As a grandpa and a Porsche guy what could be cooler. I like the idea of driving at night in Downtown LA.

Very cool,

Bob B
ValcoOscar
Very nice Bruce.

Something tells me you were smiling more than Matty.
Matty is a cool kid. I'm glad you bring him along when we do our tech sessions.

Oscar
914werke
Come on Bruce, dish....did he Be-Dazzle it?
sixnotfour
popcorn[1].gif he bought this 914 as a start.
wes
How Very cool for the both of you and Matty who will play the memories throughout his life.
Maltese Falcon
Janis Joplin's 356 art car circa late '60s. She would cruise Sunset Bl in it, show up at the Aquaris Theatre and perform (main attraction), and always cool L.A. local opening Bands aktion035.gif
Her car sold in 2016 for $1.7m. Let's see how 2019 SEMA show looks for MW 914 .
Click to view attachment
Specracer
Any idea where (what booth) the 914 will be at SEMA?
bdstone914
QUOTE(Specracer @ Nov 3 2019, 06:53 PM) *

Any idea where (what booth) the 914 will be at SEMA?

Usially the cars are outside.
Maltese Falcon
If you are attending SEMA...here's one to view; SEMA Custom car entry ; Quintin Bros Auto and Performance 1k hp Challenger. This is what it looks like after it was heisted from the Rio hotel parking structure, rammed into an NHP Cruiser,
recovered (but the culprit ran away)...and this is the way it will be put on display during SEMA week confused24.gif
Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
Matty, Bruce, aktion035.gif looks like he cant wait...

Magnus must be making a statement about.....art, distress, or ??
bdstone914
Cat is out of the bag now. Magnuscdescribed it as a Rat car. Rattle can paint. He was cutting the stensels for the numbers while we were there.
sixnotfour
Totally..... Out
I saw some Kendigit SEMA stuff,, same sworn to secrecy... dry.gif
sixnotfour
way out shades.gif of the bag
johnc
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Nov 4 2019, 06:39 AM) *

way out shades.gif

Very cool dude, some would say he’s a master marketer, true, but a genuine car guy too, so he deserves some slack...Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
Cat is out of the bag now. Magnuscdescribed it as a Rat car. Rattle can paint. He was cutting the stensels for the numbers while we were there.

you missed Bruce's comment... the cat is "way out" of the bag..No sema secret..
beerchug.gif
mepstein
I would like that in a wrap but not painted on my car.
jrblackbox
Very cool graffiti art! wonder if he would rattle can an air cooled 911?
Mikey914
QUOTE(jrblackbox @ Nov 4 2019, 10:20 AM) *

Ahh.... yeah kind of his thing. Some of the 100k cars too!
This is a guy that don't give a flying F as to concurs. You love it or hate it, but he is a guy that makes his cars uniquely his.

Honestly, I get it. I have a tendency to lean towards the CW side, but if I had the talent to make something this unique, I might. Make no mistake, the value is not in the 914, it's in the art. You just get to enjoy a 914 that has it on it.
buck toenges
If that car was offered on craigslist and it wasn't Magnus' work, I bet the consensus from the group would be barf.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(buck toenges @ Nov 4 2019, 03:51 PM) *

If that car was offered on craigslist and it wasn't Magnus' work, I bet the consensus from the group would be barf.gif

agree.gif that’s why I thought a wrap would be fun but removable when I got tired of it 6 months later.
infraredcalvin
I saw that car in craigslist a while back, I was intrigued by the drivers door, thought it really had potential to make an interesting race livery. I like what he did.

Also like the rear spoiler detail, reminiscent of the early turbo whale tail edge.

Magnus used to restomod early 911s among other things and sell on pelican. At the time he was asking 50 or so grand for a swb, that was slightly less than the same car with a correct restoration...
sixnotfour
I just named mine appropriately.... stirthepot.gif Do what you want...
Craigers17

Couldn't have said it better.....if there is a 914 truly worthy of SEMA, I'm pretty sure it's the one adorning the homepage right now. Or... maybe whatever the hell Tygaboy is building right now...just have a feeling on that one....beautiful craftsmanship!
Tbrown4x4
I like his nod to the Union Jack.

Those wheels are worth more than my car............
mepstein
QUOTE(Craigers17 @ Nov 4 2019, 07:30 PM) *

Couldn't have said it better.....if there is a 914 truly worthy of SEMA, I'm pretty sure it's the one adorning the homepage right now. Or... maybe whatever the hell Tygaboy is building right now...just have a feeling on that one....beautiful craftsmanship!

Lots of amazing builds from the members on this site. I've been to WCR, Hershey and Teenerfest and I'm always floored. Way more than a catchy paint job.
914-300Hemi
Bruce,
It is very cool that you and your grandson was able to see Magnus’s shop.

The art work on the teener is very unique and very cool but way beyond my skills.

Love the Union Jack on the trunk.
bdstone914
He was still working on it Saturday for Sunday delivery.

I am the one without a hat. Lol
Rav914
Art 914? "Art is what you can get away with" - Andy Warhol

It's too bad Mr. Warhol isn't around to add his touches to a Porsche. BMW's marketing department hit one out of the park when they had the likes of Calder, Warhol, and Lichtenstein design and paint E9's and M1's.

Is Mr. Walker getting away with it? Fortunately we get to decide for ourselves.
sixnotfour
Bruce you have a Hat........ lol-2.gif any 914 press is good press.....Instead of the program The Road to SEMA,,, Its 4 days to SEMA..
Coondog
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 4 2019, 12:04 PM) *

QUOTE(jrblackbox @ Nov 4 2019, 10:20 AM) *

Make no mistake, the value is not in the 914, it's in the art. You just get to enjoy a 914 that has it on it.

agree.gif

RolinkHaus
What's under the hood?
bdstone914
QUOTE(RolinkHaus @ Nov 5 2019, 05:33 AM) *

What's under the hood?

Stock 1.7L
RolinkHaus
Curious what he plans to do with it?
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Craigers17 @ Nov 4 2019, 04:30 PM) *

Thank you for that ! For me this fits the bill as an "Art Car" by Frank Stella ; concept, application, technique and everything on this car connects in an aesthetically perfect manner. I could pull up a chair and stare at it for hours
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Alexander Calder's "Art Car" is one of my other faves...but long live the rat rods as we always see 'em here in SoCal !
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.