Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yellow Porsches Are Faster!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
Test drove this 3.2L car today and its faster than my 2.1L four. Could it be the color?
Geoff
Andyrew
Could be, Or the three piece fuch's! Or maybe it was the extra 1.1l? Naaaa
Qarl
Tell us more about the 3.2L driving experience. Scary fast?

How was the car set up suspension-wise? What did you like and not like about the car?

Thanks!
Lawrence
Must be the Ultimate Air Dam.... w00t.gif
Bleyseng
Scary fast? no, but I loved all that torque!!! Had the tranny all set up nice too with good gears. Shifted as nice as mine, which is pretty damn good!
That engine should be the one ya all should put in your 914, I will keep on dreaming and saving.

The Hoosiers on the street was fun, I didn't run it too hard but we did go down a road with sharp twistys. The front wasn't set up as stiff as mine but the rear had 200# springs and those big flat tires. Like my car when I have the 7x15 Kuhmo's on, its Armstrong steering which sux for the street.
Can't say the seats were the be all and end all but they were ok. The dash was unique to say the least. Has had a ton of work done on it so its pretty well sorted out.

I prefer a more stockish car for the street and this car with alittle more could be nice on the track.

Geoff
TheCabinetmaker
Wasn't the air dam. it's the "clown"yellow
Qarl
Yes... that yellow is a little harsh for me too.

I prefer the lighter yellows... canary, sunflower, saturn chrome
Jeroen
Looks like a fun car.
Did you test drive as interested buyer, or just for fun?

cheers,

Jeroen
Bleyseng
I was doing a PPI for VegasRacer. I think I have Monique convinced to do the engine swap next year if I can find all the parts. Whowee, the 3.2L FI is smooth! Now I see why Brad always says thats the prefect motor to swap in.

Geoff
914werke
SO VR passed on the car? What were the negitives (rot?)
Bleyseng
VR wants a street car which this car is not. Its in between meaning you could drive it on the street but it more set up for track use. As a warm weather driver it would be a handful and not too comfortable. Just getting in and out is a pain due to the size of the seats. Its a good car.

Geoff
Mountain914
YCAF !!!
How much was the seller asking (approximately) ?
914werke
His web add said 28K obo
RustyWa
So....you have to get permission from your GIRLFRIEND to do the engine swap Geoff??!!!?? happy11.gif
Bleyseng
It will take away some $$ I was saving for a trip to europe next year (Holland, Italy,France).
We are going to St Martin on the cheap at Christmas/New Years.
If work goes like its been going I should have the money next year to blow on it.

Geoff
DNHunt
I want a ride. I may be on the undrivable list by then. Parts all over the garage and nothing that reasembles a car. Course I got to get the wife to turn loose of some cash. Stay tuned, the fur may fly and don't have much fur to loose.

Dave
J P Stein
Geoff:

Buy a conversion.....sell yours. You'll save BIG BUCKS.....I know, I know, you'll miss all the "fun" of doing it yourself.
DNHunt
Geoff has to do it. He takes lots of great pictures and we'll all learn a lot. Go for it Geoff

Dave
Bleyseng
I was about 30min late on buying Muellers six, as that was a car I was interested in for $10k.

I want to do it myself or collect the parts and have MrB do it. You know I am a gutton for punishment and love to rip shit apart to see whats inside. So far the tranny hasn't blown up!

I have really put about $8k into the car including buying it 7 years ago so its been a cheap car all in all so far. Putting in about 8-9k into the motor install is doable, so we'll see. I still can sell the 4 banger and get some good money out of that too as it a good motor that puts out 110hp with the FI.

So maybe it cost $7k in hard cash after selling the 4, that doesn't sound too bad. clap56.gif

Geoff
Brad Roberts
Yes.

You cannot beat having a 914 with a stock injected 3.2 in it. They make great daily drivers and its a bolt in with all stock 914/6 parts.

Engine and all..expect to spend 8500$ for everything to do it right (this is all new parts)

Oh.. and plan on regearing the tranny. Its no fun to tach 3300 RPM while doing 70 MPH.

The engine has enough torque that you can spin the motor at 2600 RPM at 70MPH and match all the gears down from 5th gear so you have a nice 300 RPM drop per gear change... or put a WEVO 915 in it.

B
Bleyseng
So it does sound do able to me at that price, so maybe next year...
Regearing the tranny! I just did that, so what gears do I need to look for?

Geoff
Lawrence
QUOTE(kellzey @ Jul 16 2003, 11:15 PM)
Yes... that yellow is a little harsh for me too.

I prefer the lighter yellows... canary, sunflower, saturn chrome

It's not clown yellow... it's gubmint cheese yellow! icon8.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.