Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Terrible loss at Benton Performance......
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Larmo63
I was devastated to read this.....seems now is the time for the community to support John and our fellow Porsche family members at Benton Performance......I have no doubt they will rebuild, bigger, better and stronger than ever, but the impact to our community is massive

"

Dear Friends, Clients, and Porsche Community, late Wednesday, October 30th, Benton Performance and the Benton family experienced a devasting event when a neighboring facility caught on fire and this industrial fire spread rapidly to our buildings. Anaheim Fire Department responded swiftly, saving our main shop and offices. However, our warehouse and its contents were destroyed. Among the client and personal belongings lost were irreplaceable cars, matching number drivetrains, tools, and Porsche memorabilia collected over a lifetime.

As I stand in front of the burned-out warehouse, I can't help feeling the shock and pain of a lifetime of work gone up in flames, but I am so thankful that no one was hurt. I am so thankful for friends, clients and members of the Porsche community who reached out and who continue to call and text with well wishes, prayers, and offers of assistance. It is at these times that I am reminded of how truly grateful I am for all of you. Your encouragement gives me the strength and determination to walk into my business on this daunting Monday morning with the energy to rebuild.

And so, the process of working with insurance companies and starting the huge undertaking of re-building begins. I am also happy to report that we are still open for business and are doing everything we can to serve the Porsche community that we hold so dear.

Benton Performance was established in 1986 and this fire is not going to stop my 33 years of dedicated effort. I am focused on rebuilding to be better and stronger for the next 30 years and beyond.

All additional inquires can be directed to John Benton at john@bentonperformance.com
FlacaProductions
Ugh. I ran into John in Seal Beach a while back when he caught me drooling over one of his 912's parked on the street. Really nice guy - let's hope he can recover from this. I can't imagine the insurance logistics.
914_teener
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Nov 5 2019, 07:51 AM) *

I was devastated to read this.....seems now is the time for the community to support John and our fellow Porsche family members at Benton Performance......I have no doubt they will rebuild, bigger, better and stronger than ever, but the impact to our community is massive

"

Dear Friends, Clients, and Porsche Community, late Wednesday, October 30th, Benton Performance and the Benton family experienced a devasting event when a neighboring facility caught on fire and this industrial fire spread rapidly to our buildings. Anaheim Fire Department responded swiftly, saving our main shop and offices. However, our warehouse and its contents were destroyed. Among the client and personal belongings lost were irreplaceable cars, matching number drivetrains, tools, and Porsche memorabilia collected over a lifetime.

As I stand in front of the burned-out warehouse, I can't help feeling the shock and pain of a lifetime of work gone up in flames, but I am so thankful that no one was hurt. I am so thankful for friends, clients and members of the Porsche community who reached out and who continue to call and text with well wishes, prayers, and offers of assistance. It is at these times that I am reminded of how truly grateful I am for all of you. Your encouragement gives me the strength and determination to walk into my business on this daunting Monday morning with the energy to rebuild.

And so, the process of working with insurance companies and starting the huge undertaking of re-building begins. I am also happy to report that we are still open for business and are doing everything we can to serve the Porsche community that we hold so dear.

Benton Performance was established in 1986 and this fire is not going to stop my 33 years of dedicated effort. I am focused on rebuilding to be better and stronger for the next 30 years and beyond.

All additional inquires can be directed to John Benton at john@bentonperformance.com

Wow sorry to hear this. I just drove by there a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks for posting Lawrence.
Chi-town
I saw this last night, literally brought tears to my eyes.

As a previous shop owner this was my biggest fear every time I locked up.

I'm only a few minutes from the shop and have offered my services if he needs extra help.
Maltese Falcon
No words for his loss ...John is a stand up guy & runs a top notch business. NO injuries to Life and that is the best you could ask for in a hellish inferno that occurred. Here's the Benton shop truck + pit bike (917 theme), as I last saw it at Luft 3 , Modernica . Good things will come back into John's life, he's one of the good guys !
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.