Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Idle Adjustment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pierce
The idle on my '73 914 2.0 was about 1200 rpm and I was told to turn the control on the ECU counterclockwise. That works but a problem with rpm varying from 900 - 1400 at idle seems magnified. The engine starts easily but when I drive it, it bucks when I am cruising and not accelerating or decelerating. Does anyone know how to correct these problems??
Not_A_Six
QUOTE(Pierce @ Nov 5 2019, 09:10 PM) *

The idle on my '73 914 2.0 was about 1200 rpm and I was told to turn the control on the ECU counterclockwise. That works but a problem with rpm varying from 900 - 1400 at idle seems magnified. The engine starts easily but when I drive it, it bucks when I am cruising and not accelerating or decelerating. Does anyone know how to correct these problems??

I thought that was how D-Jet was designed. Don't they all idle like that? rolling.gif

Seriously, there are *lots* of potential causes. The best guide I've seen is here:

https://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/idle.htm

Good luck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.