Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please help, need a part BAD.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
I can not seem to find, for the life of me, another metal door top for my car. I need at least the left/drivers side top from an early car as I now have 2 rights rolleyes.gif dry.gif

I have had several attempts to help in the past. Either people swore that they had metal tops only to later discover that they were wood, or they thought that I was talking about the metal clips and sent me those. I appreciate all of that, but I need to get some panels in my car before I leave. Who can hook a brother up? I attached a pic.
ClayPerrine
I will swap you a whole doorpad with a metal top for the pad that goes across the front of the targa band. I need one of those real bad to finish the interior of my car.
DougC
Door top?? what's that? seriously, I don't recognize that item. If I had an extra it would be yours.

Doug C
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (DougC @ Jul 1 2005, 11:01 AM)
Door top?? what's that? seriously, I don't recognize that item. If I had an extra it would be yours.

Doug C

Early 914 doorpads use a curved metal top behind the vinyl. In about 73, they cheapened it up and used bent cardboard for the top. He wants the metal piece to make a new doorpad.

tat2dphreak
I have my original panels, I'm not sure if the top is metal...

Clay, you mean the targa bar? I just replaced mine last week... it was almost in 2 pieces... got my replacement out of a canadien car that was being parted out on pelican... no cracks, $65... thought I'd rub that in... since your car will probably still be done before mine, and you can drive Betty's in the mean time! vindication is mine wink.gif biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
You mean this piece?
ClayPerrine
Nope. The one above the rear window that has the openings for the rear top latches. (sorry, no way to post a pict from here).
morph
I have one Metal top in the parts building, unfortunately its the wrong side(opposite of the one pictured), you can have it if you have a use for it.

HIEDI
ClayPerrine
Hey Heidi,
I need to talk to you about a set of speaker grills with speakers for my car.

Would you send me the total and an address to send the money in a PM?
skline
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jul 1 2005, 10:11 AM)
Nope. The one above the rear window that has the openings for the rear top latches. (sorry, no way to post a pict from here).

I got one of those. Whats it worth?
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (skline @ Jul 1 2005, 11:15 AM)
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jul 1 2005, 10:11 AM)
Nope.  The one above the rear window that has the openings for the rear top latches.  (sorry, no way to post a pict from here).

I got one of those. Whats it worth?

How good of shape is it in?

I don't have one at all....... sad.gif
skline
I think it needs a little clean up but it doesnt look like it has any cracks in it. Here is a picture of it.
Dr Evil
QUOTE (morphenspectra @ Jul 1 2005, 10:11 AM)
I have one Metal top in the parts building, unfortunately its the wrong side(opposite of the one pictured), you can have it if you have a use for it.

HIEDI

Actually, the one I need is them oposite to the one pictured. I have two of the one pictured. If it is the opposite, I'll take it. I'll PM
skline
Hey Mike, The one on the Chalon is nice and straight but the ends are a little torn up, can these be recovered in leather or something? If so, I need mine done. I was just going to swap it with this one but if Clay needs it, I can just recover mine.
Dr Evil
Scott, I need one of those, too.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (skline @ Jul 1 2005, 11:21 AM)
Hey Mike, The one on the Chalon is nice and straight but the ends are a little torn up, can these be recovered in leather or something? If so, I need mine done. I was just going to swap it with this one but if Clay needs it, I can just recover mine.

If you want to swap it out and sell me the old one, I will take it. I was going to take it to the upholstry shop and have it recovered anyway. biggrin.gif

How much do you want for it?

spare time toys
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Jul 1 2005, 11:56 AM)
I can not seem to find, for the life of me, another metal door top for my car. I need at least the left/drivers side top from an early car as I now have 2 rights rolleyes.gif dry.gif

I have had several attempts to help in the past. Either people swore that they had metal tops only to later discover that they were wood, or they thought that I was talking about the metal clips and sent me those. I appreciate all of that, but I need to get some panels in my car before I leave. Who can hook a brother up? I attached a pic.

I have them left over from the Banana it was a 71 and I have the interior out of it yet. I can not get to them untill mid to end of next week though. Im not sure what your time frame is.
Dr Evil
If I can't find any by then, I'll hit you up. I can always have them shipped back to me by my apprentice.
morph
have you found youre panel top yet? because the one hiedi showed me was the same one you got.if you havent found one i can go over and get one from gary emory tomorow (if he is home)should be i talked to him the other day.ive seen several sets of them in his stuff.
pm me if you still need one. wink.gif
james
736conver
Dr Evil
Gimme biggrin.gif I'll pm as soon as I get a chance. I wish all of you a wonderful holiday weekend
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.