Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Radio Pieces
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Rob-O
Just got my Blaupunkt Frankfurt refurbished. Some of the parts I had that came to me when I bought the (broken) radio were a super thick basketweave faceplate. This thing is super stout but I think if I mount the radio to it it will stand proud of the remaining basketweave trim on the dash. So I’m looking for:

1. The large faceplate that the dial indicator and knobs would ‘stick through’.

2. Side clips for the radio. The correct type allow the radio to snap/clip into the hole in the main metal dash.

3. A ‘U’ clip. This clip attaches to the back of the radio (via the ‘U’) and has two small tabs that attach to the bulkhead just behind the radio. So the clip essentially hold up the back portion of the radio.

4. Possibly the small chrome bezel that fits around the dial indicator area.
914Sixer
Need picture of radio to be installed. All kinds of different holes. Yes, 90% of all dash plates are the WRONG thickness and DO stick up. Chrome nose pieces are expensive. U mounting clips are getting scarce.
Rob-O
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Nov 7 2019, 05:28 AM) *

Need picture of radio to be installed. All kinds of different holes. Yes, 90% of all dash plates are the WRONG thickness and DO stick up. Chrome nose pieces are expensive. U mounting clips are getting scarce.

Mark, I’ll try to get a photo here. Funny you replied, I got the radio from you a few years back. It was inop at the time. Just now getting around to getting it repaired...
Rob-O
This is what’s going in. The plate is really thick (and one of the knob holes is slightly off).
914Sixer
Ok, let me look. I think I have a used Blaupunkt factory dash plate. I would repaint the Blaupunkt face plate you have. Chrome nose pieces go from $75 to $150 depending on where you shop. Picture later.
914Sixer
Factory Blaupunkt big knob plate. What's your shipping info, will send it to make sure it will work.
PCH
For radio installation kits and other goodies, check out Konigs-Klassik-Radios in Germany.
Rob-O
QUOTE(PCH @ Nov 7 2019, 03:15 PM) *

For radio installation kits and other goodies, check out Konigs-Klassik-Radios in Germany.

I just saw that this morning. Mike Fitton sent new a link. Both of the Porsche kits at the top of the first page have something I need.
PCH
Konigs-Klassik-Radios also carries the correct speakers for 914s.
enoz05
I have a set side clips available
http://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/sh...Blaupunkt-Radio
Rob-O
I’ll take those clips!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.