914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jagalyn
Found these two 914's in a junkyard in Hugo, MN

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
SteveL
Holy Crap! The last one I saw in a yard in MN was at French Lake, completely covered by 20 years of brush grown over it.
Anything good left?
dt4
Any chance of getting the PORSCHE lettering from the engine cover and 914 1.8 badges from the rear if present?

Happy to make payment for your trouble and cover all costs and post
SteveL
dt4 - I am hoping to be able to make it out there this weekend.
If I do, I will check for you.
Tbrown4x4
Everybody likes door handles. Just sayin'
dt4
QUOTE(SteveL @ Nov 7 2019, 01:09 PM) *

dt4 - I am hoping to be able to make it out there this weekend.
If I do, I will check for you.

Marvellous
thank you
rudedude
I think I'm free on Saturday and would like to look at them. They don't look that bad from the pics, I've seen much worse that have been saved.
dt4
I tried to pay £1600 for a car in worse condition than either of those 2 on Saturday and was out bid

Send them over here biggrin.gif
UROpartsman
Salty winter roads aren't kind to cars in Minnesota, but given the hole-free rocker panels, those don't appear to have been driven much during the winter.
ctc911ctc
QUOTE(rudedude @ Nov 7 2019, 09:13 AM) *

They don't look that bad from the pics, I've seen much worse that have been saved.

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
ouch! wish they were closer, the transportation expense kills many good 914 parts cars that could be resting comfortably here in green acresClick to view attachment
dt4
George I cant find parts for less than a kings ransom over here and look at that lot disappearing into the scenery

Please salvage the Porsche lettering for me
FlacaProductions
When is the last time you pulled anything off of any of those, George?
TargaToy
I love that database. What a great resource.
SteveL
Just got back fro the yard - they are closed on Saturdays and Sundays. Bummer.
The cars were out front, so I could take a look.
Worth Saving: rear targa trim piece x2, gold letters x2, maybe 1 set of tail light housings, maybe brake calipers, maybe warm air valves, not sure what else as I couldn't get in or under. Not sure if I will be able to make it out during work hours, but I'll try.
dt4
QUOTE(SteveL @ Nov 9 2019, 06:00 PM) *

Just got back fro the yard - they are closed on Saturdays and Sundays. Bummer.
The cars were out front, so I could take a look.
Worth Saving: rear targa trim piece x2, gold letters x2, maybe 1 set of tail light housings, maybe brake calipers, maybe warm air valves, not sure what else as I couldn't get in or under. Not sure if I will be able to make it out during work hours, but I'll try.

I would have a set of the letters if you were to sell
Any 914 1.8 badges?

cheers beerchug.gif
White Haus
Just for the record those two are from Colorado. They arrived 6 years ago and set out behind a warehouse until they lost the storage space.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.