Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recommendations/thoughts on the various front suspension ball joint options available
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
Just doing some planning here on refreshing the front suspension on the 1973 1.7 FI car and it looks like there are a number of different ball joint options out there, including some new ones since I last of this job on the 911. Any strong thoughts or recommendations on the merits of a specific source or vendor?

This car is a street car and while it will be enthusiastically driven it’s not going to see the track use or auto crossing etc., I’m planning on using this one for long distance touring so keeping it comfortable in civil is a priority. I don’t think that’s as much of a consideration with ball joints as it is, for example, with the various bushing options but I thought I’d throw that out there.

Thanks and hope everybody’s having a good weekend
GeorgeRud
I’d just replace with the stock ones for your use, though I wasn’t aware there were options other than the two styles (depending on year).
Krieger
agree.gif keep them stock.
Tdskip
Hi there-thanks for the response. Doesn’t elephant racing make ball joints now?

Probably, as you point out, overkill for a driver but I always like to get peoples thoughts here because there’s a wealth of experience to tap into.

It occurs to me that I should also ask what’s a good test to see if the ball joint even needs replacing in the first please it is it already OFF the car. I know, I know, the right way to test it is when it’s connected everything but if that ship has sailed....
sixnotfour
elephant racing

they do, they add more camber..Their stock ones are probably a brand you buy anywhere else..oem equivalent:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.