Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just repair this a-arm bend and move on?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
The overall assembly is straight and I don’t see any bends or damage but the area circled in yellow seems to be calling out for a repair. Looks to me like this can be straightened and is not critical but wanted to ask. Oddly both sides have the same damage.

Thanks!

Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
Get a straight, good, used set.
infraredcalvin
Driveway bottoming out... I’d be more concerned about what is happening in the 9:00 region of your circle.

If 914, these are hard to give away, should be able to get used cheap (if not free).
SirAndy
QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Nov 10 2019, 09:56 AM) *

Driveway bottoming out... I’d be more concerned about what is happening in the 9:00 region of your circle.

If 914, these are hard to give away, should be able to get used cheap (if not free).

agree.gif
Mark Henry
Plus those bushings are toast.

Get 2 new sets and the tool from 914rubber.
2 sets because you may damage a bushing installing them, Mark buys back any unused bushings. A member here has a good how to vid.
Tdskip
Thanks guys.

That bent lip “just” locates the bushing, right?
aharder
This is Ian's install video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AysZlHr2lM
914Sixer
Just a bushing stop.
rhodyguy
I had a bent cup, not as bad, on the car and the bushing squeaked constantly. Annoying. Solved that with Elephant poly-bronze.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.