Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Repo of A pillar vin tag?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
So the interior of the newly acquired 74 LE has been ravaged by racoons for over 15+ years. The A pillar vin tag is destroyed, is there any place that can reproduce it? I can prove the vin is correct via the stamped passenger inner fender and the title.

If not any ideas on how to reproduce one? I'm just thinking ahead as when I really dig into the restoration of this 914 I would like the A pillar tag to be as nice as the 914 will be (I hope) someday. I know of reproductions of door jamb stickers and I believe the headlight bucket tag, but have not seen A pillar ones.
bdstone914
QUOTE(GaroldShaffer @ Nov 10 2019, 07:52 PM) *

So the interior of the newly acquired 74 LE has been ravaged by racoons for over 15+ years. The A pillar vin tag is destroyed, is there any place that can reproduce it? I can prove the vin is correct via the stamped passenger inner fender and the title.

If not any ideas on how to reproduce one?

Contact you DMV. I once had a 911 roller that had a California reissued vin plate whervthe original one was.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Nov 10 2019, 08:13 PM) *

QUOTE(GaroldShaffer @ Nov 10 2019, 07:52 PM) *

If not any ideas on how to reproduce one?

Contact you DMV. I once had a 911 roller that had a California reissued vin plate whervthe original one was.

Did it look factory? that is my concern. If it can't be done to look factory then I will just try to figure out how to salvage the mangled tag.

Damn racoons chair.gif chair.gif chair.gif hissyfit.gif
GeorgeRud
Aase, I remember seeing them reproduced on their site for the 914-6 at least.

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Wow- that is a nice reproduction of the VIN plate for the A-pillar. It would be my sincere hope they are as cautious as SoCalAndy was when he was making the compliance stickers. I think requiring a scan of the Title and photos of the other ID numbers should be required. beerchug.gif
sbsix
Car-bone in Poland reproduces the “A” pillar tags for Porsches.
iankarr
I think Car Bone only makes the -6 style, with the letters punched in...

Click to view attachment

as opposed to embossed like the -4s have.

Click to view attachment

Would love to find a resource for these....
gms
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Nov 10 2019, 09:18 PM) *

Aase, I remember seeing them reproduced on their site for the 914-6 at least.

Click to view attachment

The Aase first 4 is incorrect, OEM below shows a break in the upright line of first 4
Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
don't you mean "correct"
rgalla9146
The OE 6 pic provided by Cuddy K shows correct '4's
they are different
see below
Garold sorry for extending the hijack.
Odd that the 4 cyl. tag is more complex and diffficult to duplicate than the 6 item.
no clue on source.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.