Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: San Diego 11/10/19
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
preach
With the help of @Coondog and his answer to one of my posts I was able to hook up with some of the San Diego Facebook guys and not only go for a ride but I got to DRIVE a 914 for my first time!

I showed up just to see the cars and was invited for the ride up to Julian. It was my first ride in a 914 ever.

After a cofee and a pie a la mode we headed back through Ramona. Just before we left Neil tosses me his keys and let me drive back to Mission Bay. Wow! My first time driving a 914.

What a day!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

That's one happy mother fucher!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
FlacaProductions
No turning back now...hook.....SET.
Jamie
So how would you describe the driving characteristics of driving a teener the first time?
Coondog
Glad it all worked out for you.... first.gif
preach
QUOTE(Jamie @ Nov 10 2019, 10:08 PM) *

So how would you describe the driving characteristics of driving a teener the first time?

You want to slap that smile off my face right then you'd need an army and all of their friends...

Honestly it drove exactly as I envisioned for the last 6 years of ownership and 40 years of wanting one.

'73 2.0 stock FI (blue with the white stripe) with 2 guys in it. My part of the drive was downhill most of the way. That car LOVES 2nd and 3rd gears between 3 and 4k rpm.

Neil's car is very well sorted out and he drives it as a DD. I was suitably impressed.

I will have to learn to left foot brake or a different heel/toe than my Cayman.
Tdskip
Fabulous!

Congratulations.
jim_hoyland
Good to hear you had a good time... smile.gif
drem914
Congrats. Glad you had a nice drive. That run out to Julian and the back county out there is gorgeous. Always love the blue metallics. blue914.jpg
Chris H.
Congrats! Love the old school stripes on the blue car.
burton73
Your car looks good with the white stripe.

Keep it

Bob B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.