Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 80mm piston
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
PittsM12
I am looking to do a top overhaul on the 2.0T engine. One of the pistons is in bad shape, but surprisingly the cylinder is OK. Anyone have ONE to sell?
Thanks!
914Sixer
If you can't find a used one try AA Pistons (aka AA Performance Products), they make reproductions. Post WTB over on the 911 Pelican classified.

Upadate: set of 6 on ebay for $50
Al Meredith
I've got plenty of pistons , Check your size , a 2.0 has a 94MM piston ...the 90 is for 1.7L let me know .. AL
white1975
2.0t is a 6 engine
bdstone914
QUOTE(PittsM12 @ Nov 11 2019, 10:56 AM) *

I am looking to do a top overhaul on the 2.0T engine. One of the pistons is in bad shape, but surprisingly the cylinder is OK. Anyone have ONE to sell?
Thanks!

So you have a 2.0L Six correct ? 911T ?
You want to get one exactly like you have. The weight and top shape need to match.
Who made yours ? Kolbenschmidt or Mahle?
Posting pictures would help to get the right one.
Or buy a new matched set.

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Nov 11 2019, 11:37 PM) *

Thanks!

You want to get one exactly like you have. The weight and top shape need to match.

agree.gif

I would not just replace one piston. The weight difference may be in grams, but the difference will dramatically reduce the life of the engine.

You need to spring for a new full set of pistons and rings.
PittsM12
Thanks for the help! For the cost, I should probably buy a matched set. Yes, I need new rings.

If expensive, I could instead buy some JE pistons or QSC pistons. Seem like an inexpensive option and maybe a displacement increase.

(Apparently, I had a small screw or nut fall into #1 at some point. Damaged the heck out of the piston.)
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(PittsM12 @ Nov 12 2019, 06:31 PM) *

Thanks for the help! For the cost, I should probably buy a matched set. Yes, I need new rings.

If expensive, I could instead buy some JE pistons or QSC pistons. Seem like an inexpensive option and maybe a displacement increase.

(Apparently, I had a small screw or nut fall into #1 at some point. Damaged the heck out of the piston.)

You could get E pistons and rings. That would give you a small bump in compression.

If you want a big bump, get S pistons, and E cams. With the carbs, that will make a great driver.

Al Meredith
I've got a matched set (only 5) of 2.0 six 80MM . Still interested ? AL
BENBRO02
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Nov 12 2019, 04:17 PM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Nov 11 2019, 11:37 PM) *

Thanks!

agree.gif

I would not just replace one piston. The weight difference may be in grams, but the difference will dramatically reduce the life of the engine.

You need to spring for a new full set of pistons and rings.

Can't a little material be taken off (in a non-critical area) the heavy pistons to balance the weights?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.