Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Veterans Day
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dion
To all who served
Ed_Turbo
Thank you to every one here for your service and sacrifice. I would not enjoy this day off without you.

Click to view attachment
sb914
Click to view attachment flag.gif
Maltese Falcon
Happy Veterans Day flag.gif
Click to view attachment
914-300Hemi
Thank you to everyone that served. flag.gif
914SIXXation
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Nov 11 2019, 09:07 PM) *

Thank you to everyone that served. flag.gif

Happy Veterans Day! Our special heartfelt thanks to all of those who served and are serving and for all of the sacrifices you and your families have made. We salute you!

I want to take the chance to pay tribute to my father who was a World War II Purple Heart Marine. He was wounded on Saipan and lost his arm at the age of 18.

He served his nation as a Marine and followed that working as a National Service Officer for the Disabled American Veterans for over 35 years. During that time he helped thousands of veterans and their families to receive their earned government benefits, many going back for decades.

On Sunday, November 10 was the 244th Marine Corp Birthday. There is a really cool Marine Corp produced "The 244th Marine Corps Birthday Tribute" on YouTube video that you can view - just put in The 244th Marine Corps Birthday Tribute to find it.

Happy 244th Birthday Marine Corp!

Here are a few photos I wanted to share with you of my hero.

Cheers,
Margie

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Dad enjoyed getting a ride in my 914-6 at an autocross in San Diego. They talked over the loud speaker about my dad being honored as a "San Diego Hero" as we went around the track. When we pulled back into the pit area, everyone was standing and applauding him for his bravery and service. I had big tears in my eyes as I looked at the big smile on his face. It is a special memory I will always treasure... Thank you Dad! I miss you!
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
jd74914
That's awesome-thanks for sharing!

I always think about my grandfathers. One was a B17 pilot and POW. One of his proudest stories was that he had the opportunity to fly with the Tuskegee airmen after being released from captivity before being returned to his unit. The other was in the 82nd Airborne and was actually the first person to jump with a jeep (and has a letter from Eisenhower commending him which is pretty cool).
914Dan
Getting my Dolphins in 1973 (Nuke Fast Attack Sub). Went on to make prototype and R&E weapons and perform failure analysis for the Army for 38 years..

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.