Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ben's beautiful work
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bahnzai
Ok, I know that I am not telling anything new here, but the quality of Ben's work is just too good to not say it again. The welds on this stainless 914-6 sport/race muffler are so beautiful, I had to share. With a little wet sanding and polishing, I have a conversation piece for the coffee table, instead of something to hide under the car smile.gif
Thanks again Ben for your fantastic work!
@mb911

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Beautiful work. beerchug.gif
bahnzai
And it saved me 12 pounds over my existing muffler...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Look at the quality thickness of the exhaust flanges and the reinforced exhaust tips. Both are failure points on most mufflers.
mb911
Thanks Danny.. Best news is that I can now offer these even a bit cheaper in the future.
RolinkHaus
Looks awesome. My muffler wasn’t cheap to fab, but sounds great. $200 for the muffler $300 to fabricate

Click to view attachment
mb911
These mufflers I can sell for $400 plus shipping so excited about that. I have out sourced just this model to a local 2 man shop and they want the work.. I can't do it all so benefits everyone..
horizontally-opposed
Beautiful work, Ben! chowtime.gif
ConeDodger
I’d love to hear the sound. I’m happy with my stock 914-6 muffler, but 12#! blink.gif evilgrin.gif
Now I’m intrigued...
bahnzai
I shot some short video of it at idle. If I can figure out how to post it, I will.
I would love to collect some audio samples as it winds up through the gears smile.gif
Sounds nice and screams...
John
I like it. Is that for a /6 or a 4-cyl? Might look good on my track car.Click to view attachment
mb911
QUOTE(John @ Nov 12 2019, 01:22 PM) *

I like it. Is that for a /6 or a 4-cyl? Might look good on my track car.Click to view attachment

These are for a -6 preferred with a GT style hanger as well to support the muffler
porschetub
That welding is unreal ,way better than when I could do before becoming half blind biggrin.gif ,top job Ben.
mb911
QUOTE(porschetub @ Nov 12 2019, 02:45 PM) *

That welding is unreal ,way better than when I could do before becoming half blind biggrin.gif ,top job Ben.

Thanks..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.