Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Investment car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914GT
My son wants me to invest in an old Caddy he found for sale about a half-mile from my house. Original California car, original leather interior still with the clear bubble vinyl seat covers. All 58 options including A/C, power seat, etc. Body perfectly straight. Needs a paint job. Bumpers and trim original but some need rechromed. Runs smooth as silk. I checked it out, looks good to me. Owner in military, has to go to Japan. He's had it since '97. Has about 83000 miles on the original engine. Selling for $6000.

I offered to go halves and my boy would have to find the rest from someone else. He hasn't had any luck. Now I'm wondering if I should go get it, After looking at

this and this.

What do you think? My son does some outstanding body and paint work. Should I sell my shitty company stock and put it in this car?
tdgray
6K for a 58 Caddy in mint condition.... wub.gif

Run, don't walk to the home equity line at your nearest bank. ohmy.gif
Flat VW
Guy,

With your paint and body skills...... BUY!, owned.gif 6G is chump change...

best wishes,

John
914GT
This is strictly my son's project. He recently quit his job and wants to strike out on his own. 20 years old. I admire his spunk.
xsboost90
why would you quit that place!!! i wish there was one here to work at!...buy the caddy..but i would have a hard time sellin it.
914GT
QUOTE (xsboost90 @ Jul 1 2005, 02:01 PM)
why would you quit that place!!!

I won't go into details, except for that my son was doing almost all the work and being taken advantage of. He took the shit for a long time, and finally had enough. He really liked what he was doing though.
914GT
Well here she is. Son bought it today, thanks to some 'venture capital' put up my his old man. This boat is about as opposite to a 914 that you can get, but she rides like a dream.
MarkV
When does the restoration begin? Looks like fun.

We need a paint gun Smiley. w00t.gif

sean_v8_914
ya dont see those around town, wow. based on teh work yous guys do I would say she will make some fine coin over at Berret Jackson next year. how mush dough will it take to bring her back? how far will he go into teh resto?
redshift
You are going to need a gallon of that chrome paint..

wink.gif

M
MecGen
Hey

Sweet buy smilie_pokal.gif

In my neck of the woods, these go for 15K +/- 5K
You scored.
Take your time on the trim...these are not as cheap and easy to find as a Chevy. There are supplies but not as plentiful as the Chevcrowd.

I worked on a 67, the same owner has 2 58s, both convertable. the finished one is insured for 100K.
I have never seen it.

Great to see other projects. Maybe the admins would give us a forum for this...

Later
Joe

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.