Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Original Tow Hook 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Fitton
I PM'd George at AA to ask why his repro tow hooks are a gold finish when the originals were silver finish. His answer was they were gold finish, Huh? Below is an original 914-6 tool kit and the one I had with my 6 was also silver finish. Anyone one else?

Click to view attachment
bdstone914
All the ones I have seen in 914 kits were gold. I have three originals that I did in gold zinc. I have heard of other parts that were reported to have been done in both colors.
914Sixer
I have to go with Bruce. It always depended on who mas making them. I ordered two LE spoiler brackets from Porsche in Germany. Waited a month for them. One came in yellow zinc and the other one was in red primer paint. Another recent example was the discussion on late sail panel material, it was a completely different style of material than the earlier cars.
rgalla9146
I'm with the gold crowd.
The two with the clean threads were re-plated based on the appearance
of the other two.
johnhora
Sometimes the gold cad gets buffed or chem removed..
I'm sure many have tried to clean up a cad part and it ends up not so gold anymore.
Even the P209 fan tool on the far left and the allen wrench I've seen in gold or silver.
It always seemed like cast metal didn't take cad well and the stamped metal did.
Both will pass the judge.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.