Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FI throttle body identification
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brant
I dug out my core throttle bodies and see that there were significant differences on different years.

the 1.7 is a safe bet
the Ljet is an easy one (but I don't know which year of Ljet?)

the 1975 marked from "Jason" is what was on the 1975 motor I purchased as a running complete motor and likely is correct

does anyone know which are 73 and which are 74 or even early 75 styles?
914Sixer
They all should have VW part numbers on them. Cross reference them with the PET. If there is no number in PET, post them and I will look them up in a NOS 1980 Parts Book.
JeffBowlsby
On the 2.0L TB's:

1973 - dual ports
1974-76 - single port
porschetub
Appears L-jet tb's varied, some had ports for advance/retard,and some only had retard and a desal valve, please correct me, beer.gif .
brant
QUOTE(porschetub @ Nov 13 2019, 10:59 PM) *

Appears L-jet tb's varied, some had ports for advance/retard,and some only had retard and a desal valve, please correct me, beer.gif .

I fully assume you are correct and the TB could vary on the Ljet
I know there were at least 2 different Ljet distributors and that they had slightly different advance.. One is a better match for use with carbs than the other

I don't know which year is which

brant
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Nov 13 2019, 10:00 PM) *

On the 2.0L TB's:

1973 - dual ports
1974-76 - single port

that makes sense
thank you
I know the vacuum pot on the distributor had no connection in 74 model year
so that coincides with the TB port change...

one weird thing in my car... the motor was a known entity from a fellow member. possibly the TB was changed prior to my ownership? but it does have 2 ports...?

I will pull part numbers and dig further
crazy that the factory changed the venting almost annually
brant
TheCabinetmaker
Throttle return assist springs on late cars, only.
brant
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Nov 13 2019, 07:37 PM) *

They all should have VW part numbers on them. Cross reference them with the PET. If there is no number in PET, post them and I will look them up in a NOS 1980 Parts Book.

I finally pulled off the part numbers but was surprised by what I found
All of the 2.0 Djet throttle bodies had the same part numbers despite differences in vacuum ports and return springs

The 1.7 TB has a vw part number

And the Ljet has
022.133.067A

sixnotfour
why do you have so many T- 4-sale TBs ?? beer.gif
brant
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Nov 18 2019, 10:41 AM) *

why do you have so many T- 4-sale TBs ?? beer.gif

I'm a good hoarder…. ?

honestly back when we raced a T4, we went through a lot of motors and a lot of parts... some of these were spares I bought... (hoarder problem again)

my old black car has had about 18 different motors in its engine pay over my ownership of it.

beer3.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.