Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: San Fernando / Los Angeles area Members
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
UnkleMonkee
Hi gang, I recently acquired 2 914s as long term projects. I am semi new to the area and may need some guru help. I would like to hear from the group who live in the San Fernando Valley and Hollywood area of Los Angeles. Would like to gather info locally and possible help in the near future ...thnks

Marty
bdstone914
QUOTE(UnkleMonkee @ Nov 13 2019, 04:12 PM) *

Hi gang, I recently acquired 2 914s as long term projects. I am semi new to the area and may need some guru help. I would like to hear from the group who live in the San Fernando Valley and Hollywood area of Los Angeles. Would like to gather info locally and possible help in the near future ...thnks

Marty

welcome.png
Show some pics and plans for the cars.
Bruce
914_7T3
welcome.png

I am also located in the SFV. May not qualify as a Guru, but can certainly help point you in the right direction as far as resources go. Currently restoring a '73 2.0 model.

beerchug.gif
mgphoto
I’m in sylmar, I might be able to help.
sb914
welcome.png thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Robarabian
Im in Simi
UnkleMonkee
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Nov 13 2019, 02:14 PM) *

QUOTE(UnkleMonkee @ Nov 13 2019, 04:12 PM) *

Marty

welcome.png
Show some pics and plans for the cars.
Bruce

Click to view attachment
UnkleMonkee
QUOTE(UnkleMonkee @ Nov 13 2019, 02:12 PM) *

Marty

Tdskip
Welcome!

Start with the blue one biggrin.gif
Coondog
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Nov 13 2019, 07:21 PM) *

Welcome!

Start with the blue one biggrin.gif

Or the one with the least rust.... welder.gif
UnkleMonkee
....Thank you so much guys and gals....So i will post a thread with the progress. I just wanted to find out who is near me. I am slowly sorting things out with the 2. The blue one is complete and is the one that i want to start with but i already put my foot through the floor.(not as solid as i thought) The blue one has a 1.8 and i will need help sorting out the vac lines and gonna try to start her at least. I did receive a 2 litre recently and will be sorting that out as well...The white one is more solid and complete but the motor is out and has been sitting just as long as the blue one. I still have to fetch the white one and bring it back to the valley. I have a large truck to tow and i am still trying to lock down a new place to start these projects....I was looking for more insight on local mechanics and machinist that are familiar with these guys......i used to restore British Cars up north but the German bug bit me....and i really don't know anyone down here....
campbellcj
I'm not far away and may be able to help in some fashion as well though not a guru/mechanic either. Sounds like you know where to start ie rust/chassis integrity assessment then the basics: brakes, steering, fuel, electrical etc. One growing repair and resto complication these days is parts and knowledge on the original fuel injection systems and this board here will be your best resource.
campbellcj
Also suggest updating the location in your profile for good measure.

<<<
UnkleMonkee
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Nov 15 2019, 06:15 AM) *

Also suggest updating the location in your profile for good measure.

thnks I did update my profile

<<<

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.