Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Q: #2 for the day.... Starter wire... Where is it
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr. Roger
Now I have running lights, blinkers, stereo, tail lights....

Engine is not in yet.....

Where is the wire that triggers the starter come from.

I don't see anymore wires.....
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (rogergrubb @ Jul 1 2005, 02:37 PM)
Now I have running lights, blinkers, stereo, tail lights....

Engine is not in yet.....

Where is the wire that triggers the starter come from.

I don't see anymore wires.....

It is a heavy yellow wire that comes off the engine harness.

The engine harness plugs into the 12 pin connector on the rear end of the relay board. That same harness provides power to the coil, returns the tach signal to the tach, and the oil pressure sender signal to the light. So if it's missing, you are going no where fast....... biggrin.gif

redshift
dry.gif Clay! Jees!

Fact is Roger... we don't know where it is on a V8..

:bahahaha:

M
SLITS
Near the starter!
redshift
Yees! Uues the FaRCE!

john rogers
We had the wire going to connection #50 on the starter break up in the wire harness on one of our 914s and the wire dissappeared. I had to cut open the harness carefully and there was the end of the bright yellow wire and spliced a new section to it with new spade lug and recovered the harness.
Dr. Roger
Whooo Hoooo. Got the starter wire figured out.

There's two more wires that kind of were wrapped with the fat yellow one. Any ideas what these are for??

Then there's the rest of 'em... They bore the brunt of an engine fire before I got the car.....

Someone has to have the schematic for these wires coming off that relay board.. right? smile.gif

Holy crap! I just found the thread where Dave D. and Sir Andy step up to the plate and lay it all out. Wow!!!!

No more questions here.. laugh.gif biggrin.gif
Thank you Sir Andy~~!!

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...=ST&f=5&t=13582
Rotary'14
I think it's your reverse lights,, they connect to the little white connector on the transmission's left side near the starter.

I hope this helps. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.