Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NO SPARK PLEASE IGNORE THIS POST
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sydro
PLEASE IGNORE THIS POST. I FOUND A THREAD WHERE DD EXPLAINS WHAT I NEED TO DO. THANK YOU DD AND THOSE WHO TRIED TO HELP.
I WOULD DELETE THIS IF I KNEW HOW.
Hello, I'm new here. Thanks for having me. I'm also sorry to ask this, but I had no luck finding the topic in the search bar.
I have a 73 2.0 (4 cyl) with dual carbs and points. I bought the car from someone who had it sitting in a garage for years, so I removed the engine and took it's tin off to make sure I had no blockages. I didn't label the wires because there where so few, how could I screw it up? HAHA! I do think I have them back where they belong... But the car wont start. I did start it before a removed the engine.
I have new points and condenser and 12v to the coil. But I have NO SPARK! None from the coil. I do see a small spark at the points as I turn the engine over, but that is it.
What am I missing?
Chi-town
You have the coil wires mixed up probably
betz
check if they are pushed on all the way

Oh and new points need to be adjusted usually. I don't know about 914 ones though.
ndfrigi
Make sure the point is not defective even it is new. Last time my pertronix died and replaced it with new point from my back up for years inside my trunk. I went to many part of ignition system and even to various FI system and ended up using an old points from my core engine after finding out the new points was defective (grounded).
ClayPerrine
Check the low voltage wires on the coil.

Black connects to the positive side of the coil
Black with purple stripe connects to the negative side of the coil
Green from the points connects to the positive side of the coil.

You may need to clean the wires off first. They get cruddy and it becomes hard to see the purple stripe.

See if they are connected correctly and get back to us.

Clay
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.