Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front windshield trim
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
surfdogskier
I am looking for some type of black rubber trim to go around my windshield. I know they sell the chrome 3 pc set but I don't want to spend the $$$ because I am going to just paint it black.

Do they make a black rubber trim that goes around edges of the windshield? Even something universal maybe some has used before that works well. I am trying to fill that void around it and give it a nice finish.
Maltese Falcon
I believe that 914Rubber does have the black rubber windshield trim kit...check out their site / they are a vendor-member here !
JFG
i bought it off 914 rubber but it was crap. i'm not sure if anyone has made one to fit yet. the problem is the corners, unless they're molded properly the rubber doesn't curve well and looks shite.
mepstein
QUOTE(JFG @ Nov 17 2019, 01:50 PM) *

i bought it off 914 rubber but it was crap. i'm not sure if anyone has made one to fit yet. the problem is the corners, unless they're molded properly the rubber doesn't curve well and looks shite.

Nobody makes a rubber trim to fit. You need to take the 914rubber trim to a pro to install. They know all the tricks to make the corners look right.
Mikey914
The rubber is just an option. and it's cheap. You do need to take the time to center the windshield, and your bead on the Urethane better be nice (hence professional install) or you will see it as it gets you an extra 3/8" of exposed pillar.

I do have it on one car, it looks good, but I did pay to have it done. As a DYI to go cheap, you better have some skills.

Otherwise powder coat the chrome.
surfdogskier
Thanks guys!
VaccaRabite
Frit paint the underside or the windshield (the glue surface) prior to gluing the windshield in. Hides the ugly glue seam.

At one point there was a frit paint kit that went around (this was 10 years or so now - but check the Member Vendor forum and I bet you can find it.)

I really like the rubber surround rather then the trim and clips.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.