Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hagerty Insurance
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914four
A little background information first... This is the first time I have made an insurance claim in many years of 914 ownership. Recently had an unfortunate experience while attending Okteenerfest. After the Friday afternoon drive I was helping with one of the tech sessions and someone asked me when I got the new dent in my door. It seems someone bumped into my car but must not have noticed because they did not even leave a note for me. dry.gif
Click to view attachment

From a few feet away the dent was not so noticeable and the car showed well. Sorry Dr. Phil, that one vote separating us this year may have been a sympathy vote. confused24.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Fortunately Bill Dunster was in attendance and set me up with one of his Porsche Collision Centers. They helped me work through the insurance claim process with Hagerty. The Hagerty people I spoke with were very nice, helpful and understanding about the situation. The process included my initial call to Hagerty where the first person I spoke with apologized for the mishap and took my all of the information I could provide. A second person called me after reviewing the information and apologized again for the mishap, then asked me a couple more questions about the place I wanted to have my car repaired. I requested some very specific directions for the way the repair would be made including the painted on stripe, clear coating and wet sanding. I was assured all would be covered and they assured me my expectations would be met. They even sent a hand written congratulatory card for first place in the custom class signed by their entire staff and I am happy to report the high quality repair I expected was made and there were no additional questions or concerns from Hagerty, only a good feeling from an unfortunate situation.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Rusty
I'm delighted in the happy ending to this story!
raynekat
Great story....makes me feel happy I have Haggerty for both of my P cars.
Tdskip
Good people without a doubt, another very happy Hagerty customer here too.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Rusty @ Nov 16 2019, 09:48 AM) *

I'm delighted in the happy ending to this story!

agree.gif
burton73
QUOTE(raynekat @ Nov 16 2019, 10:27 AM) *

Great story....makes me feel happy I have Haggerty for both of my P cars.

agree.gif

Your car looks super. Love the stripe it is done well

Haggerty handles my p cars

Bob B
jdamiano
Plus parking was tough today at the historic sports car racing in Daytona. But not for me. Hagerty had an area just for their customers with hot coffee and donuts waiting for us!
Mikey914
I have Hagerty too.

Glad to hear it went well
Jamie
If only all insurance claims and similar business transactions could be handled and resolved so well. mad.gif
DRPHIL914
Not sure. About the sympathy vote, your car is just as nice as it could be and I think it’s cool that people could look past the dent due to it happening the day before— that and I didn’t vote for my own car slap.gif or we could have been tied- poke.gif
But seriously that’s a great story and your repair looks awesome. I hope I never have to experience that but makes me glad I have Haggerty as well if it ever does. I still think your car should be in the stock class next year , it is all stock . All color etc is stock, just because you change paint color does not make it custom, it’s a stock color, not a non-Porsche custom color, and no doubt you would have won that class too if it had been in the correct classification beer.gif Are you going to bring it to Amelia Island? You really should!!! We need a bid showing for the 50th anniversary of the 914! If not , look forward to seeing you next year.
scallyk9
Great story. I have four cars insured with Hagerty and while I haven't used collision (fortunately), one of my XRs blew its differential recently and needed to be towed 65 miles. The Hagerty Driver's Club staff arranged it all, called me regularly to see if the tow truck had arrived, and covered everything. No fuss at all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.