Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: smokin' 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Smokin' deal on a set of four smoked 914 lenses! 199.50 until 11/30/2019. and no this is not a black and white picture!

Click to view attachment
914werke
So you use colored bulbs with these?
RolinkHaus
Can't find them on the website. Post a link.
rhodyguy
Willing to wager you'll pulled over with those on your car in WA. If only for a chat and a look at all of your documentation.
Coondog
Love the look, but have to agree, easy ticket from the Po-Po.
rhodyguy
If LE is in the mood, Euro rears warrant a chat and a look at the documentation at 11:30 on a Friday night.
brcacti
What does it look like ON THE CAR?
porschetub
Police magnet ,my son converted his VW golf with smoked lenses and fitted the coloured lamps....it didn't work ,I told him to remove them...they did look cool dry.gif .
Looks like a clear out of unwanted parts to me confused24.gif .
jcd914
I work with several people that have been running smoked lens on their cars here in CA with no issues with the law.
Yes they are illegal and you can get cited for them but that has not been an issue for my friends.

One of our co-workers was painting his lens with tinted clear coat and did several sets for others here.

Jim

burton73
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Nov 16 2019, 10:37 PM) *

I work with several people that have been running smoked lens on their cars here in CA with no issues with the law.
Yes they are illegal and you can get cited for them but that has not been an issue for my friends.

One of our co-workers was painting his lens with tinted clear coat and did several sets for others here.

Jim

I sorry but I break the speeding laws all most all the time and would not like to pick up a cop on my tail and get a ticket for speeding or whatever. Sacramento is only part of CA but if you have those in LA you are so busted. Why bother?

Bob B
jdamiano
Is this a new product or one offs? I’m interested in fronts only.
drem914
QUOTE(burton73 @ Nov 17 2019, 01:25 PM) *

QUOTE(jcd914 @ Nov 16 2019, 10:37 PM) *

Jim

I sorry but I break the speeding laws all most all the time and would not like to pick up a cop on my tail and get a ticket for speeding or whatever. Sacramento is only part of CA but if you have those in LA you are so busted. Why bother?

Bob B

Not to mention if you are involved in an accident it is an out for the other person to claim your lights we illegal and therefore you are at fault for the outcome.
Spoke
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Nov 16 2019, 01:55 PM) *

Smokin' deal on a set of four smoked 914 lenses! 199.50 until 11/30/2019. and no this is not a black and white picture!

Have you tested and compared the lenses with stock lenses? What did you find out?
Spoke
QUOTE(914werke @ Nov 16 2019, 03:45 PM) *

So you use colored bulbs with these?

Colored bulbs must be used with these lenses. Red bulbs for brake, red/amber for rear turnsignals, amber for front turnsignals. Think about having clear lenses and how to get colored indicators.
Chris914n6
Smoked can't be that illegal since someone makes replacements for just about every car, plus covers, plus a spray on.

Down side is they reduce brightness and really should be used with brighter bulbs. I've seen many done cheap (window tint) that I can barely see the lights on.

I think they would look good on my black car but the taillights are dim enough as is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.