Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight brushes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BPic
Does anyone have pictures of how the headlight arm brushes mount? confused24.gif

Thanks, Brad
bobheinonen
QUOTE(BPic @ Nov 17 2019, 03:49 AM) *

Does anyone have pictures of how the headlight arm brushes mount? confused24.gif

Thanks, Brad

Use pan head phillips sheet metal screws. Bob.

Click to view attachment
tailwind22
Do they mount on the trunk side or headlight side of the bucket? Please, only informed responses from survivor car owners.
mepstein
Headlight side

I have 5 early cars with them. I have to take a look tomorrow since at least one of my cars (the ‘70) had some sort of bracket holding the top part. Pics tomorrow.
Mikey914
QUOTE(bobheinonen @ Nov 17 2019, 12:51 PM) *

QUOTE(BPic @ Nov 17 2019, 03:49 AM) *

Thanks, Brad

Use pan head phillips sheet metal screws. Bob.

Click to view attachment

Mikey914
And in the front the rubber flap mounts in the rearClick to view attachment

You can find the new ones here. We sell with the new rubber flap and the tabs to mount them

https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/e...light-brush-set
bobheinonen
QUOTE(tailwind22 @ Nov 17 2019, 03:05 PM) *

Do they mount on the trunk side or headlight side of the bucket? Please, only informed responses from survivor car owners.

Headlight side. This is why used units, if you can find them, are usually so rusty. Flip it over to put the convex curve (flat flange) next to the bucket wall. These go on first, then the headlights mount in the buckets. Bob
Matty900
I will be doing a thread on this after we get through getting ready for black Friday.
The Brushes go on the bucket side. At the top is where the metal tab goes to hold down the splash guard (rubber flap) The trick on this is that the rubber goes up and over the top. This ultimately causes it to fatigue and rip (and that is why they replaced this system with a boot on the backside over the pushrod from the motor.) To ease the fatigue of the rubber, the metal tab has a bend to it that faces away from the wall to ease the bend just a little. If you have the bend go towards the wall and pinching the rubber, you will just cause it to wear out faster. This rubber flap will wear out. Think of it when you change your wiper blades. It is a consumable part that will wear over time.
Matty900
Here is an original part for comparison and the prototype part when we were test fitting so you can see how they mount. It's intended to keep water and dirt out of the trunk. This keeps it on the side where the drains are.
Hopefully this answers the questions.
beerchug.gif
rgalla9146
QUOTE(bobheinonen @ Nov 17 2019, 08:35 PM) *

QUOTE(tailwind22 @ Nov 17 2019, 03:05 PM) *

Headlight side. This is why used units, if you can find them, are usually so rusty. Flip it over to put the convex curve (flat flange) next to the bucket wall. These go on first, then the headlights mount in the buckets. Bob

Dont forget these little tin parts on the top screw.
BPic
Thanks everyone that’s exactly what I needed.

beerchug.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
remember only 70-72 used them
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.