Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: clear plastic fuse cover upgrade?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brcacti
Hello, any upgrades with stronger, thicker plastic for the fuse covers? If not I assume the regular covers are available from Auto Atlanta, Pelican, sierra madre?
Mark Henry
No, I don't think there is.

Jwest has an upgrade replacement fuse block that uses common blade style automotive fuses. You can't accidentally kick these fuses out when getting into the car.

https://www.jwesteng.com/shop/electrical-91...-fuse-box-.html
Mark Henry
Added link to Jwest
Coondog
Click to view attachment
brcacti
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Nov 17 2019, 07:22 AM) *

Added link to Jwest

Thanks, this is a GOOD possibility in the near future
rhodyguy
If your cover is falling off, the tiny plastic securing tabs have prob broken. The jwest unit is not just a cover. It's a replacement fuse panel.
porschetub
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Nov 18 2019, 07:17 AM) *

If your cover is falling off, the tiny plastic securing tabs have prob broken. The jwest unit is not just a cover. It's a replacement fuse panel.

Mine is in great condition but is easy to knock loose,I just put it in my glovebox so it can't get broken ,have JWest one to go in when I get time.
brcacti
They are expensive $24 and $27 on Auto Atlanta and Sierra madre. I think I will silicone mine together, it's still one pieces but badly cracked.
FlacaProductions
If you send me a PM with your address, I'll send you a used cover that only has a small melt at the driving light fuse area. I won't be able to get to it until the first week of Dec. but it's yours if you want it. It's a repro from 356 Devotion and fits great on my panel. Just lemme know.
jsh
I replaced mine for less than $10. It is a VW part from someplace like Airhead, J Bugs, Wolfsburg West, etc.
brcacti
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Nov 17 2019, 07:16 PM) *

If you send me a PM with your address, I'll send you a used cover that only has a small melt at the driving light fuse area. I won't be able to get to it until the first week of Dec. but it's yours if you want it. It's a repro from 356 Devotion and fits great on my panel. Just lemme know.

THANKS FlacaProductions............do the pictures look just like these pictures?Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
malcolm2
maybe some Gorilla duct tape???? Keep a roll in the trunk and you are golden.
FlacaProductions
Here's my replacement but I've circled where the one in question is melted - so, in my opinion, it's in much better shape than your current one.

I sent you a PM...

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.