Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield Wiper Switch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bbrock
Discovered I don't have high speed wipers on my 73 and traced the problem to the switch. I sort of repaired it but think this switch is at its end. Are used or NOS still the only options for the early switches? Thought I'd ask before posting a WTB.
914_7T3
QUOTE(bbrock @ Nov 17 2019, 07:38 PM) *

Discovered I don't have high speed wipers on my 73 and traced the problem to the switch. I sort of repaired it but think this switch is at its end. Are used or NOS still the only options for the early switches? Thought I'd ask before posting a WTB.

C’mon Brent

laugh.gif

PM me and I’ll tell you where those NOS switches are hiding.
bbrock
@914_7T3

Thanks for your help Jeffrey. I ordered the repop wiper/turn signal switch combo package from 356devotion on ebay. For $100, I couldn't beat the price. Hopefully they are good quality.
malcolm2
Can't remember where I got it, but I remember being told that the Super Beetle had the same as ours.... $20 new.
914Sixer
Be careful out there. Some of the reproduction stuff is junk.
bbrock
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Nov 18 2019, 08:49 AM) *

Agreed. It's a bit of a gamble, but I heard good things about 356devotion. Never dealt with them before though. NOS prices on these things are pretty insane and I don't like the idea of rolling the dice on a used switch. We'll see how these work.
bbrock
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Nov 18 2019, 08:49 AM) *

Well, you called it Mark. Got my switches from 356devotion today. Junk.

There are quality issues that affect both cosmetics and fitment. They would require modification just to install. I posted a few details on my build thread.

I think I'll post a WTB for a used switch. NOS are beyond my budget at ~$300

Here's the most glaring cosmetic problem.

IPB Image

I should add that the 356devotion quickly accepted my return request and also the fuse cover I bought from them was great.
914Sixer
Sent you a PM.
ClayPerrine
Bought an aftermarket one for Betty's car a while back. D@mn thing squeaked like hell. So it's back in the box and the old one was put back in. The old one's only problem is it is badly worn on the end. Down to bare metal.

I would spring for the NOS switch.

76-914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Nov 26 2019, 07:41 AM) *

Bought an aftermarket one for Betty's car a while back. D@mn thing squeaked like hell. So it's back in the box and the old one was put back in. The old one's only problem is it is badly worn on the end. Down to bare metal.

I would spring for the NOS switch.

agree.gif So it takes a couple more months to save for it. You're at the end of a well tended restoration. In the end you will want satisfaction, not regrets. beerchug.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
plenty available new but they are made in China!!!

QUOTE(bbrock @ Nov 17 2019, 08:38 PM) *

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.