Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No Serial Number on Front Clip
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bkrantz
I cleaned paint and other crud to expose the serial number on the right front inner fender, but somebody removed it with a grinder. Is this standard procedure? All I can say is the the donor car was originally non-metallic green.

sixnotfour
wire wheel the back side..you can get a ghost image ..
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...8239&st=20#
SirAndy
QUOTE(bkrantz @ Nov 17 2019, 08:27 PM) *
Is this standard procedure?

For criminals, yes. Otherwise, no.
popcorn[1].gif
Chi-town
Looks like it was welded and ground down. I've seen a few cars where Body shops have done this when the put a complete clip on a car. Usually they will restamp the original vin though.
Cairo94507
Sorry, but I have only ever seen that associated with stolen cars or car parts. I hope you can pull an image off the back side to see the VIN. That is frustrating. beerchug.gif
914Sixer
Could be as simple as it never got stamped, if nothing shows up on the bottom side.
SirAndy
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Nov 18 2019, 06:52 AM) *

Could be as simple as it never got stamped, if nothing shows up on the bottom side.

Not stamped? As in, not stamped from the factory or not stamped as in a unstamped factory original replacement panel?

Also, why would they have to take the grinder to the top if it was never stamped?
confused24.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.