Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ill Fitting V8 Conversion - What Gives?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jengah
I've seen a lot of V8 engine swaps, but none of them ever needed to notch out more than a 6" section of the trunk metal between the shock mounts. Does anyone have any insight as to why this one would be mounted in a way that causes the valve covers to extend into the trunk area. My thoughts are:
a.) big block engine (but it looks like a SBC)
b.) DIY mounts
c.) a strange (non Chevy) engine that is longer than most

Thoughts???Click to view attachment
mepstein
mepstein
Lots of hack jobs with almost any conversion. I’ve seen some that look almost factory installed. The guy who started on my Suby build cut out the entire rear trunk firewall from tower to tower and welded in a huge pipe. barf.gif it’s one of the reasons I was able to get the chassis so cheap.
tygaboy
A bit hard to tell from the angle of the pic but those look like really tall valve covers. Tall enough to need that cut to clear?
Chi-town
They probably sat the engine more rearward than Renegade to clear a normal water pump setup
cali914
QUOTE(Chi-town @ Nov 18 2019, 08:36 PM) *

They probably sat the engine more rearward than Renegade to clear a normal water pump setup

Ditto
sixnotfour
a.) big block engine (but it looks like a SBC)

big blocks are approx. 2.5 inches longer
Superhawk996
sad.gif

Yeah, don't do that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.