Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: newly rebuilt MPS for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
drifter914
I have a spare MPS for sale... newly rebuilt... for 2.0 914 ('73- '76)... for $265.
shipped. PP friends/fam o.k.
spayde1ranch@gmail.com
Thanks... TerryClick to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Tom_T
Terry,

Put the actual VW/Porsche MPS part number in your ad, then look up & list to which MY(s) it applies too, because they're different 70-76 by both engine & MY.

For example, p/n ending in -037 is for the `73 2L.

Also - better to list it as "newly rebuilt" - since it's not "new" per se.

For those looking at this, FIC or Fuel Injection Corp. is a longstanding rebuilder of 914 & other FI parts, & were formerly known as BRET & originally located in the South Bay (LA) area of SoCal. I've had a BRET rebuilt ECU in my 73 2L for many years with probably 40K miles on it before storing the car.

GLWTS! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
sholman5
Post the part#. To the best of my knowledge a 73 ends with 037 and 74-76 is 043.
drifter914
I would happily post a photo of the serial #... if there was one ! Looked all over, nothing except Bosch, the rebuilders sticker and the numbers 7-8-10-15 on the black plastic plug housing, which probably denote wire positions in the plug.
I did test this on my '74 914 2.0 before it was sold & worked perfectly, so I am willing to guarantee it works on your 2.0 liter. Money back if it doesn't. Since there is no serial # and it is a rebuild, I cannot verify the specifications. Perhaps it can be tested & calibrated. Not my concern. New ones are rarely available & are now running in the $700. range, if you can find one.
For $275., with a money back guarantee, I think it's worth a try...
Terry
Tom_T
QUOTE(drifter914 @ Nov 19 2019, 11:13 AM) *

I would happily post a photo of the serial #... if there was one ! Looked all over, nothing except Bosch, the rebuilders sticker and the numbers 7-8-10-15 on the black plastic plug housing, which probably denote wire positions in the plug.
I did test this on my '74 914 2.0 before it was sold & worked perfectly, so I am willing to guarantee it works on your 2.0 liter. Money back if it doesn't. Since there is no serial # and it is a rebuild, I cannot verify the specifications. Perhaps it can be tested & calibrated. Not my concern. New ones are rarely available & are now running in the $700. range, if you can find one.
Terry

FIC should have recorded the VW/Porsche/Bosch p/n - or if it was an aftermarket or other-maker item - on their receipt, & which MY & engines it works with. If not, you can probably contact them on their website with their FIC rebuilt p/n on their sticker to get that info.

While it worked on your 74 2L, it may not work well on a other MYs & engines, & that may lead one to believe that it's an -043 p/n or aftermarket/replacement version of same.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
drifter914
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Nov 19 2019, 11:33 AM) *

QUOTE(drifter914 @ Nov 19 2019, 11:13 AM) *

Terry

FIC should have recorded the VW/Porsche/Bosch p/n - or if it was an aftermarket or other-maker item - on their receipt, & which MY & engines it works with. If not, you can probably contact them on their website with their FIC rebuilt p/n on their sticker to get that info.

While it worked on your 74 2L, it may not work well on a other MYs & engines, & that may lead one to believe that it's an -043 p/n or aftermarket/replacement version of same.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Tom... Thanks for your thoughtful replies. Since it's a rebuilt Bosch unit, I'm quit sure it's not any kind of aftermarket unit.
Regards... Terry
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.