Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mini Antenna from Retrosound
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Literati914
I've been considering getting a Mini Antenna from Retrosound to mount on the drivers front fender, but at 18" long I'm wondering if it's not still a little longer than would be ideal.. anyone installed one of these on a 914?
https://www.retromanufacturing.com/collecti...iant=7980264259

914Sixer
Real Hirschman antennas are less than that.
DickSteinkamp
I'm not a fan of external antennas. I think of them as just another "barb" (like side marker lights ) that break up the lines of the car.

I have used Dakota Digital's Smart Untena with good results.
iamchappy
i use the power antenna ones that attach to the inside of the upper windshield with good results and are hardly noticable.
Literati914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Nov 20 2019, 05:59 PM) *

Real Hirschman antennas are less than that.

Sounds good if they have them in a short version, and I can get it in black to match other trim items ?
Literati914
QUOTE(DickSteinkamp @ Nov 20 2019, 07:05 PM) *

I'm not a fan of external antennas. I think of them as just another "barb" (like side marker lights ) that break up the lines of the car.

I have used Dakota Digital's Smart Untena with good results.
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Nov 20 2019, 07:38 PM) *

i use the power antenna ones that attach to the inside of the upper windshield with good results and are hardly noticable.

Things is - I've devolved with this latest 914 of mine and am embracing the more simple, retro style and since a power antenna fits the era, I've decided to keep one. I was hoping someone here had installed one and I could tell how it looked .. cause it is a chunk of change for an antenna, just to look old fashioned lol-2.gif
90quattrocoupe
And if you already have the hole in the fender............

Greg W.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.