Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Small matter - resetting Trip Odometer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gatornapper
A very small matter, but I want everything working on my 914, and this is one of the last items: the reset thingy for the Trip Odometer used to work, but no longer does.

Cannot remember if you turn it or push it in - either way does nothing. If I push it in, it stays up in the cable for a while before dropping down again....

Is this something easily fixed? Do not want to replace ODO as it is original with original 61k miles on it......

TIA,

GN
mepstein
You turn it clockwise. Never while the car is moving. There is a small plastic gear that comes loose on the shaft. It can be repaired without losing milage or replacing. They often go bad around 80K.

I think the "how to" is listed on pelican and there are threads on world as well. Not a hard DIY project.
Gatornapper
Thanks!

QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 21 2019, 08:57 AM) *

You turn it clockwise. Never while the car is moving. There is a small plastic gear that comes loose on the shaft. It can be repaired without losing milage or replacing. They often go bad around 80K.

I think the "how to" is listed on pelican and there are threads on world as well. Not a hard DIY project.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.