Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: URO a-arm bushings are only worth buying if you enjoy bad parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
*}#% these things – I’ve spent 90 minutes trying to fit these things properly and have come to the conclusion that they’re just terrible quality parts. The parts in question are their standard composition - maybe their more firm ones are better but no way I’m going to waste the time finding out.

Yes - everything was smooth and no additional thickness or snags on the metal parts
Yes - I followed their directions including the online video
Yes - I have a press
Yes - I have done this before without issue using other parts
No - I don’t like having to post this because I truly appreciate the vendors that support our cars but, with that said, I don’t want anyone else to deal with this BS
No - I don’t have anything against URO, I’ve used some of their other stuff and it’s been fine

Every single time the same thing happens – the lip on the end of the bushing folds in and ruins the install. Every. Single. *%#^ time.

Don’t buy these. Seriously.
UROpartsman
Hi Tom, we sell a ton of these without complaints (huge numbers to 911 guys), but we'd be happy to upgrade you to the firmer "HD" version, which is even more popular.

PM'ing you now, we'll get them on the way today.
BENBRO02
At least you're getting good customer service from URO. Hopefully the upgraded part will work out.
MM1
Wow - a positive response from a supplier in 5 minutes . . .now that's a powerful forum in the original sense of the word.

Thank you 914 World!

Fiat lux!
Mikey914
I'd be interested to hear how ours compare. What I'm hearing here is they have multiple versions, and the vendors out there have to sell through what they have before they get the "good" ones.

Why not just recall them, as they are a known issue?
UROpartsman
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 22 2019, 04:02 PM) *

I'd be interested to hear how ours compare.

Probably pretty similar, they almost look as if the molds were created from our bushings but with a part number added. beerchug.gif

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 22 2019, 04:02 PM) *

I'd be interested to hear how ours compare. What I'm hearing here is they have multiple versions, and the vendors out there have to sell through what they have before they get the "good" ones.

Why not just recall them, as they are a known issue?

There is no "known issue", we sell thousands of the OEM-durometer bushings annually and certainly won't be discontinuing them.

But most aftermarket bushings are "performance" bushings that are higher durometer than OEM, so folks have come to expect that degree of firmness. That's why we developed our HD version; so we can provide standard bushings for those who desire the OEM durometer feel, and HD bushings for those who want a performance feel without the potential squeaking of poly. They're two different part numbers.

We offer the HD bushings to existing standard-bushing users as a courtesy upgrade, if they want them. It's just to make sure they're happy, since the HD option probably wasn't available when they purchased the bushings.
Tdskip
It was very encouraging to hear from Drew aka @UROpartsman so promptly and I want to share that he sent a very supportive and cooperative PM as well.
Mikey914
I can assure you they are not from the same mold.

Elephant racing has an entire video on the issue.
They didn’t call out the part by name, but there were only 2 sources for these at the time the video was made.......

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X03h2gE4Rao

UROpartsman
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 22 2019, 04:55 PM) *

I can assure you they are not from the same mold.
XXXXXX has an entire video on the issue.
They didn’t call out the part by name, but there were only 2 sources for these at the time the video was made.......

That promotional video has been discredited as heavily slanted and quite cleverly misleading, will have to find the post (different forum).

On a side note, we don't post about deficiencies of your parts (we've received PM's with photos from forum members) or the countries of origin, and suggest we return to keeping it professional. Thoughts SirAndy?
914Sixer
Lets keep it professional.
rhodyguy
Headed south....
Chi-town
Let's just put a nail in this thread and say everyone has at least one product someone has had an issue with at some point laugh.gif
bdstone914
@UROpartsman' date='Nov 22 2019, 06:10 PM' post='2764307']
[quote name='Mikey914' post='2764304' date='Nov 22 2019, 04:02 PM']
I'd be interested to hear how ours compare.[/quote]
Probably pretty similar, they almost look as if the molds were created from our bushings but with a part number added. beerchug.gif

@Mikey914' post='2764304' date='Nov 22 2019, 04:02 PM']

Why not just recall them, as they are a known issue?[/quote]
There is no "known issue", we sell thousands of the OEM-durometer bushings annually and certainly won't be discontinuing them.

But most aftermarket bushings are "performance" bushings that are higher durometer than OEM, so folks have come to expect that degree of firmness. That's why we developed our HD version; so we can provide standard bushings for those who desire the OEM durometer feel, and HD bushings for those who want a performance feel without the potential squeaking of poly. They're two different part numbers.

We offer the HD bushings to existing standard-bushing users as a courtesy upgrade, if they want them. It's just to make sure they're happy, since the HD option probably wasn't available when they purchased the bushings.
[/quote]

I have used both Uro, 914 RUBBER and Elephant racing bushings. I will not use Uro ever again. I had used at least five sets Uro and they were easy to install due to the soft rubber.

I used Elephant racing tools to install.
I stopped using Uro because they were so soft they did not pull on evenly. Several gouged on the rear install. I had an extra set and found the next set was noticeably harder and different in appearance.
It was the same part number on the box
I threw them away and moved on.
There is no good reason to make a standard and HD version. Make it the same as OE.
When I contacted Uro about the installation problem, on this forum, the reply is that they would help find a qualified person to help me install them.
914_7T3
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Nov 22 2019, 09:13 PM) *

When I contacted Uro about the installation problem, on this forum, the reply is that they would help find a qualified person to help me install them.

@bdstone914

Wait, you weren't qualified to install the A-arm bushings on my car?

poke.gif
Larmo63
I used Elephant Racing bushing when I did mine and I borrowed Bruce's tools to complete the task.

I can vouch for their rubber bushings.

The Uro guy is quite responsive on issues with their parts. He made good on a different part I had issues with. Terrific customer service, and I think he has a lot of issues to deal with as far as how their parts fit, work, and last.
Tdskip
Good morning all.

My intent on starting this thread - in addition to venting the frustration over wasting time I didn't have to waste - was to make the community aware of an issue so people here could make an informed decision about parts selection.

We are fortunate to have URO and 914Rubber and Elephant (not to mention Pelican and AA) as choices.

I very much appreciate Drew being responsive, but I am convinced the standard bushing they supply is just too soft and lacks adequate strength to be worth trying to install.

I am keen to share my experiences with their heavier duty one, I expect that will be a better experience.

It might be time to let this go dormant until then?
Superhawk996
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Nov 23 2019, 09:14 AM) *

Good morning all.

My intent on starting this thread - in addition to venting the frustration over wasting time I didn't have to waste - was to make the community aware of an issue so people here could make an informed decision about parts selection.

We are fortunate to have URO and 914Rubber and Elephant (not to mention Pelican and AA) as choices.

I very much appreciate Drew being responsive, but I am convinced the standard bushing they supply is just too soft and lacks adequate strength to be worth trying to install.

I am keen to share my experiences with their heavier duty one, I expect that will be a better experience.

It might be time to let this go dormant until then?

Agree. Please report back on how the HD busings go.
bdstone914
@914_7T3

@bdstone914

poke.gif

I think I am quite qualified and that they missed the whole point.
I have also heard "we don't have a problem because we sell a lot if them"
They are waking a big effort to repair their damaged reputation. If they just put that effort into improving their products.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Nov 23 2019, 11:37 AM) *

@914_7T3

@bdstone914

poke.gif

I think I am quite qualified and that they missed the whole point.
I have also heard "we don't have a problem because we sell a lot if them"
They are waking a big effort to repair their damaged reputation. If they just put that effort into improving their products.

“We don’t have a problem because we sell a lot of them.”

The IT equivalent is that your computer must be working because everyone else’s computer is working. sad.gif
fiacra
QUOTE(Chi-town @ Nov 22 2019, 08:49 PM) *

Let's just put a nail in this thread and say everyone has at least one product someone has had an issue with at some point laugh.gif

agree.gif
ClayPerrine
I am going to make an executive decision and close this thread. URO has stepped up and is working to resolve the issue with the purchaser. We don't need to have a argument about the parts themselves. Leave it to URO and their customer.

Clay

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.