Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The: my car got totaled Lot FS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
tazz9924
Hello 914 world, and my car got totaled, everyone was ok. But there are still some good parts left on it. This is just some of the little things i picked out. If you are looking for metal to be cut out i can probably make that happen but a lot of the chassis got damaged. Dont be afraid to ask.I unfortunately do not have good sun visors or mirrors, in fact most interior stuff got hit hard with a mercedes and rain by now. All prices are without shipping, ill have to figure out shipping prices.
Parts list so far:
Reproduction Rear reflector $80 It has some scuffs that im sure can be buffed out, but still driver quality
Hydraulic clutch bracket $20 (pending) great piece for a 901 or a subaru conversion. Uses a willwood 3/4 master cylinder. Previously clearenced for coolant tubes.
Various switches: Ill just throw em in someone’s package if they want them.
Interior Driver door handle $10
Nrg wheel $35 Buttons work good, one wire is a bit crushed. Comes with NRG center piece with a scuff.
Feel free to ask me about anything else you might need
Click to view attachment
tazz9924
Rear reflector
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
tazz9924
Sold pedal cluster
tazz9924
Master cylinder bracket
Click to view attachment
tazz9924
Various switches I also have a good wiper one.
Click to view attachment
tazz9924
Window fuzzys sold
mepstein
I hope nobody was hurt.
tazz9924
Ignition switch sold
tazz9924
Door handle
Click to view attachment
bdstone914
@tazz9924
date='Nov 23 2019, 08:59 PM' post='2764509']
Hello 914 world, and my car got totaled. but there are still some good parts left on it. This is
Rebuilt Pedal Cluster $90 Rebuilt by a member here with bronze bushings, though the finish isnt great, the powder coat is still good. I modified it to fit a hydraulic clutch bracket so it will need to have two bolts tac welded back on for stock applications and a new roll pin put in (it started to back out). I probably only got a couple hundred miles of driving on it.

Sorry to see your car totaled. Hope there were no injuries.
If I build that pedal set I will rebuilt it for free to a standard setup.
I really want to see the roll pin worked out. Never seen that. Something must be wrong.

Bruce
Tdskip
Oh crud, hope everyone is OK
tazz9924
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Nov 23 2019, 07:12 PM) *

@tazz9924
date='Nov 23 2019, 08:59 PM' post='2764509']
Hello 914 world, and my car got totaled. but there are still some good parts left on it. This is
Rebuilt Pedal Cluster $90 Rebuilt by a member here with bronze bushings, though the finish isnt great, the powder coat is still good. I modified it to fit a hydraulic clutch bracket so it will need to have two bolts tac welded back on for stock applications and a new roll pin put in (it started to back out). I probably only got a couple hundred miles of driving on it.

Sorry to see your car totaled. Hope there were no injuries.
If I build that pedal set I will rebuilt it for free to a standard setup.
I really want to see the roll pin worked out. Never seen that. Something must be wrong.

Bruce

Everyone was fine, the roll pin was kinda odd, i thought the slave cylinder was going or something.
TonyA
Glad your ok. How is the rear targa rubber pad the one the is screwed in and covered with those little plastic buttons. ? I’ll send you the proper name when I look it up. Past my bedtime here on the east coast
Jonathan Livesay
You should just call it the "this sucks" sale thread.
yeahmag
I’m interested in a hydraulic clutch package if you can put something together.
sb914
I’m soooooo sorry for your misfortune!
tazz9924
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Nov 23 2019, 08:21 PM) *

I’m interested in a hydraulic clutch package if you can put something together.

I can sell you the plate, ill be using the rest of the hydraulic clutch stuff on my new “car”
tazz9924
QUOTE(TonyA @ Nov 23 2019, 07:46 PM) *

Glad your ok. How is the rear targa rubber pad the one the is screwed in and covered with those little plastic buttons. ? I’ll send you the proper name when I look it up. Past my bedtime here on the east coast

Ill have to check in a couple days when i get back out there.
Cairo94507
Wow. That's a lot of damage. I am glad everyone is OK. I hope you put together another 914. beerchug.gif
tazz9924
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Nov 24 2019, 06:31 AM) *

Wow. That's a lot of damage. I am glad everyone is OK. I hope you put together another 914. beerchug.gif

“914”
tazz9924
nrg wheel
Click to view attachment
Superhawk996
So glad you're OK.

I feel your pain. This brings back memeories of my car being totaled even though I wasn't even in the car when it happend. When it happened to mine, both the driver and passenger walked away.

I'm continually amazed at how much damage these cars can take and still have the occupants survive. Well ahead of their time for 1970.

The car has two key crush zones:
1) The kink in the rear frame where the half shafts pass under the "frame"
2) the empty front tunk structure in front of the gas tank and then the front bulkhead in front of the tank itself.
Garland
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Nov 24 2019, 09:45 AM) *

So glad you're OK.

I feel your pain. This brings back memeories of my car being totaled even though I wasn't even in the car when it happend. When it happened to mine, both the driver and passenger walked away.

I'm continually amazed at how much damage these cars can take and still have the occupants survive. Well ahead of their time for 1970.

2) the empty front tunk structure in front of the gas tank and then the front bulkhead in front of the tank itself.

3) Spare tire
gcrotvik
Wow, that's a bummer. Glad all are OK. I will take the "Outer window fuzzys: $10 brand new". PayPal?
Superhawk996
QUOTE(Garland @ Nov 24 2019, 10:38 AM) *

QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Nov 24 2019, 09:45 AM) *

So glad you're OK.

3) Spare tire

Agree on #3. I sort of cringe when I see the vertical mount spares though they look really nice and tidy.

4) The gas tank itself but at that point a lot of other bad thinks can happen. sad.gif Structually though, the tank would offer quite a bit of energy absorbtion as it crushes especially if it were closer to empty.

When my car was hit (rear end collision) the engine broke into pieces and largely went under the car without any penetration into the occupant compartment. breaking up that engine absorbed quite a bit of energy.

Again -- so glad no once was hurt in this.
rhodyguy
How did you manage to total your car?
9144me2enjoy
Sorry to hear about the crash but at least your still in the game to tell the story! The car can be replaced but the driver and passengers cain’t. Any pics of the car before the crash? Hang in there.
tazz9924
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Nov 24 2019, 07:51 AM) *

Wow, that's a bummer. Glad all are OK. I will take the "Outer window fuzzys: $10 brand new". PayPal?

sorry i sold them already. if it falls through you are first in line
tazz9924
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Nov 24 2019, 08:11 AM) *

How did you manage to total your car?

hit while parked sad.gif i didn’t even get to mess it up myself. It did make a mercedes roll and the fuch that got hit was ok thankfully
Ed_Turbo
Can you send me a pic of the driver’s side door handle. I would like to see what constitutes driver quality.

-Eddie
913B
Interested in the interior light on the backpad if you have one?
6s219
Sorry for your loss. I feel guilty asking for items under these circumstances.
I would be interested in the sun visors if in good shape and available.
tazz9924
QUOTE(Ed_Turbo @ Nov 25 2019, 07:47 AM) *

Can you send me a pic of the driver’s side door handle. I would like to see what constitutes driver quality.

-Eddie

its on my page one of this ad
tazz9924
QUOTE(913B @ Nov 25 2019, 08:34 AM) *

Interested in the interior light on the backpad if you have one?

i wish i did, broken in half like the rest if em
ahycaramba
Oh Snap!!! Sorry for your loss. Is this the famous Subydoo 914wrx from youtube?
ndfrigi
QUOTE(ahycaramba @ Nov 25 2019, 04:20 PM) *

Good you are @tazz9924 okay and the car can be replace.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=274166
second wind
Why does it always seem to be the passenger side? Love to hear some opinions on this phenomena. Thank you.
gg
Ed_Turbo
QUOTE(tazz9924 @ Nov 25 2019, 04:02 PM) *

QUOTE(Ed_Turbo @ Nov 25 2019, 07:47 AM) *

-Eddie

its on my page one of this ad

Nevermind, I thought you were talking about the outside door handle.
tazz9924
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Nov 25 2019, 04:35 PM) *

QUOTE(ahycaramba @ Nov 25 2019, 04:20 PM) *

Good you are @tazz9924 okay and the car can be replace.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=274166

Oh man it looks so much different since the build thread ill change that picture to what it looked like before the crash lol
flmont
I could use the engine bulkhead sheet metal,..meaning the metal behind the seats,..Thanks...Frank
bigmacdave
Id like to snag the pedal cluster and take Bruce up on his offer to fix it if thats cool.
tazz9924
QUOTE(bigmacdave @ Nov 26 2019, 09:59 PM) *

Id like to snag the pedal cluster and take Bruce up on his offer to fix it if thats cool.

no problem just pm me with your details and ill get it off to bruce
tazz9924
QUOTE(flmont @ Nov 26 2019, 06:38 AM) *

I could use the engine bulkhead sheet metal,..meaning the metal behind the seats,..Thanks...Frank

email me a picture with the area you need and ill get it cut out
elliottloe@outlook.com
tazz9924
For thanksgiving the reflector im reducing to $80 and the interior door handle to $10
Retroracer
Are the gauges for sale? Particular interested in the tach,

- Tony
914-300Hemi
Sorry to hear about the accident and glad that you are okay.
tazz9924
QUOTE(Retroracer @ Nov 28 2019, 07:46 AM) *

Are the gauges for sale? Particular interested in the tach,

- Tony

Tach is good, could be restored but works great
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.