Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: aftermarket 2.0 pistons
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mattillac
i would like to know if j.e. or keith black or anyone else makes a 94mm alloy piston? or, am i stuck with stock parts if i don't go up to 96mm or bigger? i've looked around but can't find any 94mm aftermarket pistons that don't resemble the factory pieces.

and while we're on the subject, how well would a billet aluminum piston hold up in the combustion chamber? or would a billet aluminum piston need to be forged or
coated to withstand the combustion chamber? huh.gif i'm bored. work sucks. smash.gif

ArtechnikA
JE will make any piston you want...

they make pistons for /6's (and 8's, and 12's...) so they have the makings for many nominal diameters...
mattillac
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Jul 1 2005, 04:31 PM)
JE will make any piston you want...

they make pistons for /6's (and 8's, and 12's...) so they have the makings for many nominal diameters...

i wonder how much that would cost me? i don't even want to think about that.

blink.gif
Dominic
Just get a set of 96mm KB's and have your barrels opened up to 96mm as well. Probably cheaper than finding an OEM set of 94mm pistons and you get a few extra CC's out of the deal. There's no replacement for Displacement biggrin.gif
Allan
I went with these.
Randal
i wonder how much that would cost me? i don't even want to think about that.

I couldn't find my original invoice on a set of 98's from JE, but something like $600.00
McMark
I'm curious why you want 94s. Are you building a race engine that's restricted by class?
Mueller
cast piston = liquidified aluminum poured into a mould

forged piston = metal chunk heated and pounded into shape

billet piston = machined from solid chunk of cold aluminum

------------------------------

most all pistons are cast or forged, cast is cheaper, forged more expensive yet stronger....however, there is nothing "wrong" with cast pistons

I'm building my new motor with 94mm type I pistons, dirt cheap smile.gif

of course in order to get them to work I have run a 78mm stroke crank and special rods wacko.gif

i've looked around but can't find any 94mm aftermarket pistons that don't resemble the factory pieces.

not sure what you mean here, why does the apperance of the aftermarket piston make a differance?? are you talking flat top or dished? both should be available
Mueller
AA Automotive Products
450 2nd Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94118
phone - 415-752-2075
fax - 415-752-2114
email - aaproduct@aol.com

94, 94.5, 96 and larger pistons and cylinders (flat top and dished)

prices start at about $250 or less for a complete set....not the best quality, I've had to send back cylinders for casting problems, but they do work for a budget engine build....
Brando
I bought a set of 96mm J&E pistons and cylinders. If I had the cash, I would definitely go with anything MAHLE makes. Proven, air-cooled racing technology.
mattillac
i want to get the 96's from je. but the more i think about it, the less i want to adjust
my mps after i rebuild my knocking engine. i would like to keep the 94 pistons but would just like some more compression and a lighter piston. i'll probably just go for the 96's still. i'm just thinking too much. wacko.gif
Dominic
QUOTE (mattillac @ Jul 2 2005, 09:20 AM)
i want to get the 96's from je. but the more i think about it, the less i want to adjust
my mps after i rebuild my knocking engine. i would like to keep the 94 pistons but would just like some more compression and a lighter piston. i'll probably just go for the 96's still. i'm just thinking too much. wacko.gif

Just crank up the pressure on the fuel regulator if you need to enrich the mixure for the extra displacement.
mattillac
more fuel pressure will keep up with the extra cc's? will the stock cam keep up with extra displacement too? oh no, here it goes again... wacko.gif icon8.gif i'm getting dizzy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.