Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unknown stainless steel headers for a 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kaeferfreund
Hello,

I just found some interesting headers in an ad.

At the first glance it looks like a billy boat header, but at the second glance...seems to be a DIY solution or is this a part of one of the US racing companies? Who knows more details?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Thanks.
jim912928
Looks like what I put on my conversion...GHL Motorsports. Not sure they make them anymore. Here is a pic of mine...

Click to view attachment
mepstein
They went out of business 6 or 7 years ago. Were better known for cheap price over quality.
mb911
And don't work real well..
jim912928
At the time (this was around 2010) you only had about 3 choices; B&B, GHL, or used original (not optimal diameter for bigger engines). Mine throws out heat but not like original exchangers. Now you have better choices with mb911’s or remade OEM’s threw stoddard (expensive).
mb911
QUOTE(jim912928 @ Nov 24 2019, 12:03 PM) *

At the time (this was around 2010) you only had about 3 choices; B&B, GHL, or used original (not optimal diameter for bigger engines). Mine throws out heat but not like original exchangers. Now you have better choices with mb911’s or remade OEM’s threw stoddard (expensive).

agree.gif

Superhawk996
Did they come polished or it that owner's work? I like the look of polished SS pipes and mufflers but have never noticed any hot chicks sliding under the car to check them out. happy11.gif
mb911
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Nov 24 2019, 02:23 PM) *

Did they come polished or it that owner's work? I like the look of polished SS pipes and mufflers but have never noticed any hot chicks sliding under the car to check them out. happy11.gif

Yes they were all electro polished.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.