Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Giving up. . . .Help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mrholland2
Hi All,

I need to give up on the idea of getting my 914 on the road. I have no idea how to unload what I have or what it might be worth but I am relocating in a VERY short time and need advice.

I have:
1972 body with a new driver quality paint job
1973 body with drive train interior etc
Some other stuff including redone gauges, wiring harness, rubber package

I am relocating again for work (moving on Dec 2ish) and just cannot go through moving the cars again.
Thanks
Sean
Front yard mechanic
Donate it to someone young with a garage and a grinder
mepstein
Take pics, come up with a price and post in the classifieds.

found this in a previous post
cassmcentee
Interested, my 72 body really needs too much work to be any fun...
Pics and price?
does it roll?
Racer
Sounds like you are resigned to getting them "gone" vs any financial recovery.

Donate? maybe a local high school that still has shop class?

Low price online? no minimum bid on EBAY? A classified add here - $500-2500 just to get them gone?
gereed75
To gain time, consign them to someone on here who is local and has storage space and then sell them. Consigned party gets half the proceeds confused24.gif

Maybe Iwanna6 lives close by poke.gif
VaccaRabite
Move the car.
Even if you just sell it wen you get there.

A painted rust free body has value. I learned that when I tried to bid on a painted 2002 shell at an estate auction. Driver level paint only. Went for 14K.

If its had the rust work done and its sitting in paint, take the time to sell it proper, even if its a pain in the ass now. Don't just give it away here.
Zach
Coondog
Call Rich at Hi Performance House in Redwood City. He will buy anything 914 related.
tygaboy
I'm in Petaluma, can trailer the cars to my place, I have space, and I can help sell, show the cars and parts, etc. No charges. Well, OK, maybe you kick in to help with fuel cost! laugh.gif
PM me if I can be of any help.
Chris
mepstein
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Nov 25 2019, 11:40 AM) *

I'm in Petaluma, can trailer the cars to my place, I have space, and I can help sell, show the cars and parts, etc. No sharges. Well, OK, maybe you kick in to help with fuel cost! laugh.gif
Chris

beerchug.gif
dt4
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Nov 25 2019, 04:40 PM) *

I'm in Petaluma, can trailer the cars to my place, I have space, and I can help sell, show the cars and parts, etc. No sharges. Well, OK, maybe you kick in to help with fuel cost! laugh.gif
Chris

Id be interested in buying the lot and shipping to the UK 14.gif
Retroracer
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Nov 25 2019, 08:40 AM) *

Chris

..and if you go with Chris' generous offer, and he has the space - I can help with towing. As long as one of them is a roller, I have a dolly, tow vehicle - and I know where Chris lives!! Again, kick in for some gas money and we're good,

- Tony
ndfrigi
QUOTE(mrholland2 @ Nov 24 2019, 10:38 PM) *

Hi All,

I need to give up on the idea of getting my 914 on the road. I have no idea how to unload what I have or what it might be worth but I am relocating in a VERY short time and need advice.

I have:

I am relocating again for work (moving on Dec 2ish) and just cannot go through moving the cars again.
Thanks
Sean

Taylor @caymini might be interested to buy your project.
mrholland2
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Nov 25 2019, 11:09 AM) *

QUOTE(mrholland2 @ Nov 24 2019, 10:38 PM) *

Hi All,

I have:

Thanks
Sean

Taylor @caymini might be interested to buy your project.

Hi
Thanks for the info but I’m not sure how to use that as a contact?
mrholland2
QUOTE(Retroracer @ Nov 25 2019, 10:45 AM) *

QUOTE(tygaboy @ Nov 25 2019, 08:40 AM) *

Chris

..and if you go with Chris' generous offer, and he has the space - I can help with towing. As long as one of them is a roller, I have a dolly, tow vehicle - and I know where Chris lives!! Again, kick in for some gas money and we're good,

- Tony

They both will roll but I wouldn’t roll them more than several feet on these tires which need air
Chi-town
QUOTE(dt4 @ Nov 25 2019, 10:25 AM) *

QUOTE(tygaboy @ Nov 25 2019, 04:40 PM) *

Chris

Id be interested in buying the lot and shipping to the UK 14.gif

I can help you with that beerchug.gif
Boothy
I'm in Boston with a rotted 72. Need a solid core. I have the rest. I can use UShip. Lets talk.
Mikey914
Rollers tend to be problematic to ship. As the cars are often jockeyed around as they pick up and drop off. Making it in the way. You generally pay a premium.

If you can store it and keep it great. I think you may find some help here.

Hope it works out you can keep it, but life sometimes gets in the way. beer3.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 26 2019, 12:16 AM) *

Rollers tend to be problematic to ship. As the cars are often jockeyed around as they pick up and drop off. Making it in the way. You generally pay a premium.

If you want a west coast roller, then you need to find someone with a truck and trailer that has vacation time. You also need beer. Lots of beer for the guy with the truck and trailer.

Then you have to either ride with them from Boston to the west coast and back, or spring for a round trip ticket to the west coast so you can ride both ways.

Good luck.

Clay
billh1963
I've shipped rollers from across the country. Not easy to find a carrier but very doable.

Recently, my interest has turned to old International Harvester trucks. Had this one shipped from Nevada to SC. Cost was a little under $2K.

Some might balk at the cost. But, only those who haven't experienced the cost of rust repair. Those who have understand that's a helluva bargain.

I have a shipping broker I use who is VERY good at finding haulers. She's found trucks for me 6 times this year alone...and 3 of those were rollers (on in WI, one in PA and one in NV).

PM me and I'll give her info to anyone interested.

Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
the problem is the cost of moving them. Many would be interested in purchasing, but for the lesser priced cars, moving costs can be more than the purchase price. Hopefully you can find an enthusiast with his own trailer who will pay you a fair price and pick the cars up at your location.

People bring us 914s all of the time, but usually move them themselves

QUOTE(mrholland2 @ Nov 24 2019, 11:38 PM) *

Hi All,

I have:

Thanks
Sean

tygaboy
Just spoke with Sean and I plan to head down to help move the cars this Saturday.

@Retroracer - Tony, any chance you want/could tow one of them to my place?
No biggie if that doesn't work. I can make a run back for the 2nd car another day.

Chris
gms
I was surprised how affordable shipping was, I moved this car from SF bay area to Chicago for $1100. non-op, no brakes

I used:
Jeff@4 Corners Transport Services LLC
Phone: 360 210 7665
Fax: 360 954 5488
Email: info@fourcornerstransportservices.com

Click to view attachment
Retroracer
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Nov 28 2019, 12:03 PM) *

Just spoke with Sean and I plan to head down to help move the cars this Saturday.

@Retroracer - Tony, any chance you want/could tow one of them to my place?
No biggie if that doesn't work. I can make a run back for the 2nd car another day.

Chris

I'm in - speak later!

- Tony
tygaboy
The pick up has been made!

Big thanks to @Retroracer Tony for his help. There was a bit more need for roll-able tires than we could cover so...
We ended up using good ol' AAA to flatbed the blue car to the Red Barn.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.