Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Long term restoration of 4742914807 BB LE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
So after talking it over with my wife, it has been agreed to keep 4742914807 Bumble Bee LE. So this will serve as my long term restoration thread blink.gif

(edit) I have a 5 year goal of driving it by end of 2025. This winter the plan is to make room in the garage, get it stripped down to a rolling tub and then talk with some of our localish 914 body work gurus on rust repair plans.

I have known about this car for over 15yrs or so. Got the call a few weeks back that owner is having health issues and is selling off his collection of projects. Deal was made on Nov 9th and I dug it out of the pole barn and brought it home.

Here are the pictures of that day.
GaroldShaffer
The interior has been trashed by racoons and mice. sad.gif

GaroldShaffer
Today I spent a hour or so cleaning out all the racoon crap and shredded interior bits on the passenger side. The pan looks pretty good. Surface rust by the bulkhead up front. Cross member is toast and will need some rear pan work and rear inside long repair.
Cairo94507
That LE is in great hands and I know it will be returned to its former glory. beerchug.gif
sixnotfour
I think he is still in exploratory mode..... idea.gif popcorn[1].gif blink.gif chowtime.gif hissyfit.gif w00t.gif santa_smiley.gif
914werke
that has GOT to smell BAD!
billh1963
Damn, Garold. I'm a sucker for projects. But, wow!
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(914werke @ Nov 25 2019, 04:52 PM) *

that has GOT to smell BAD!

It is ripe icon8.gif I'm wearing a respirator, long gloves and goggles.

Damn, Garold. I'm a sucker for projects. But, wow!

What? Its not that bad. rolleyes.gif Trunks are solid, no past crash damage, I have the correct front & rear bumpers, outer longs are solid, hell hole looks to have just surface rust only. I can pull everything I need for the interior from my stash of crap valuable parts I have collected over the years. shades.gif

Ture, it is by far the worst interior I have ever seen, but overall it has solid bones.
GaroldShaffer
since it was 61 here yesterday I dove in and finished cleaning out the rest of the racoon trashed interior. Change of plans for the winter. Going to be stored until end of April then brought back home and the disassembly will start. On the bright side it is starting to smell better now. blink.gif

Stay tuned...….
Superhawk996
I follow this thread just to make my own project seem less daunting. lol-2.gif
Mueller
That would be a great hazmat training vehicle.

Glad you rescued it, will be watching for updates.
gms
@GaroldShaffer you were going to save the carpet for me!
av-943.gif
Blue6
Glenn, I know you like NOS, but new old smelly idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.