Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB - Car Cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
rad23racer
My car is finally coming home but it’s going to have to live outside. While SoCal doesn’t get a ton of weather, when it does, it’s usually excessive. Does anyone have a cover sitting around that they don’t use?

Thanks,
Rick
johnhora
Rick ...let me check....I think I have a custom fit Covercraft cover made for the 914.
GregAmy
If that^^^ doesn't work out, I bought a "Noah" from California Car Covers that fits quite well. Just buy a new one.

https://www.calcarcover.com/
Tom_T
Yes, get new or nearly cover in order to last in our SoCal sun.

Also CoverKing is here in Anaheim, & they have pick-up there if you want it before the storms tomorrow.

AFAIK all of CoverKing, Cal Car Covers & Covercraft still have the patterns for the form fitting 914 cover with or without side mirror "pockets", & all can be ordered online.

Even though we don't get a ton of rain here, this week will be proof that it's worth getting a full on all weather stormproof cover, which will also last longer in our high-UV sunshine.

Having gone thru several lower priced covers suitable for our sun here, then have them disintegrate in shorter times that it cost more in replacements, than to have just paid for a good cover to start with. dry.gif

Look for sales on them, since all 3 are about equal quality on the top end weather & custom fit covers.

IIRC it was the CoverKing "Stormproof" that I got for my BMer.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
johnhora
Rick,

What I have is a CoverKing COVER TRIGUARD GRAY CLASS 2
probably not suited for totally outdoors...better suited for traveling or storage in garage/carport...it fits great...so I'm sure they use the same pattern in their tougher fabrics
I agree with the other guys...you get what you pay for in covers
some info from their site...

Triguard™ Custom Porsche 914 Cover
Economical 3-layer material
For occasional use or under carport
Excellent breathability
Fortified with the finest UV light retardants
Security Grommets

https://www.coverking.com/vehicle-covers/cu...-4.html#vselect

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.