Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: And there she goes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mmichalik
After four years, we took the '75 down from the jack stands and sent her on her way to the shop to get painted. I should have her back by the end of next week.
I painted the engine bay over the weekend.
This is a huge mile stone for the restoration. Hopefully it won't take four years to put it back together. biggrin.gif
Gotta thank everyone hear for their input, advice and previous posts. It couldn't have been done without them.
And if I say so myself, with all the rust replacement and body work done, it looks really good for a garage job.
rgalla9146
Fantastic !
On to the fun part !
ValcoOscar
Excellent milestone Mike... beerchug.gif

It's going to end up a beauty I'm sure.

Congrats piratenanner.gif

Oscar

Cairo94507
I bet you can't wait to get her back home and begin assembly. Congratulations on a major milestone. beerchug.gif
Nacho
Nice! congrats on getting to this point. Hopefully i'l have pictures of my car leaving soon to the body shop. biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
76-914
Congrats! One week turn-a-round. Wow!
billh1963
Awesome news!! aktion035.gif
Krieger
Time to celebrate! piratenanner.gif
mmichalik
QUOTE(76-914 @ Nov 26 2019, 07:48 AM) *

Congrats! One week turn-a-round. Wow!

yeah, it's typical slow season for body shops here in San Diego so, they don't have a lot lined up at the moment. The painter just wanted to get it in and out. It is 98% ready to shoot right now, they would just need to mask it off and fix any minor imperfections we might have missed.
When we said "Keep it for a month" the painter said "I don't want to look at this for four weeks" smile.gif

Thanks everyone, for the congratulations. It's still a bit surreal at the moment but, very excited about it. I'll continue to post pics as they come along.
bbrock
Way cool! aktion035.gif Now the anticipation.... w00t2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.