Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Current Market Value / 1976 2.0 and Transmission
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zoomazoomzoom
Let me apologize right up front, NEWBIE here.

Looking for help, advice, or direction as to what the current market value for the pictured 1976 2.0 Motor and accompanying Transmission might be these days.

Motor has been on the shelf for 20 plus years. The fuel injection as you will see in the photographs has been changed out for a single carburetor.

Does NOT currently run and to be honest it's been so long I am not sure it was running when it was purchased. Pulled the Oil drain plug and while it is dirty the crankcase does not contain any water. Does Not currently spin. Am soaking the cylindars and so far have achieved about a 20 degree turn on the crank. With a little more time, patience and more penetrating oil I anticipate to have the pistons moving freely at some point.

Not sure what other information might be important or relevant and I would be forever grateful for whatever may come. I am looking to sell, not interested in taking advantage of anyone or being taken advantage of. Hence this Post.

To the Moderator, if I am in the wrong place please let me know and I will do my best to get moved to the appropriate location.

Thank you in advance.
sixnotfour
I have two throw in the pile..same cond. that, being said Iam interested in the trans..
yours appears to be pretty high miles as the heater boxes have worn through to the exhaust pipe...really needs to have the heads pulled min...to see how much moisture got in through the carb...i bought a 914 with a 0 mile new engine,,,,same carb setup up on side had water damage,,bye bye new pcs, that where in it..head needed new valve springs etc. im west of slc
Superhawk996
Probably worth more parted out. Sorry for the bad news but a stuck motor is a no go for most. Keep an eye on Samba and classifieds here to get market price on valuable parts 2.0 tin. Heads might be OK as core if not cracked.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.