Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FRAUD ALERT - Scam in the 914 Classifieds via PM
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914_7T3
Wanted to make @SirAndy and all 914 World Members aware of a possible scam. Was contacted by user "sonnhalterrobert" with the below PM from one of my WTB ads:

"Contact Matthew in Missouri, He has a Genuine Porsche 2.0 Center Caps for sale. Here's his email matthewsalazar376@gmail.com"

This user created a profile only today and has zero posts so I googled the email address and got the below thread from 911uk.com of a fraud alert.

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1512791

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:14 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
Users should also be on the lookout and AVOID at all costs any contact from zero post members contacting them regarding parts for sale or wanted that originate from the USA.

Another fraudster "sonnhalterrobert" has been caught using the email matthewsalazar376@gmail.com

All parts buyers beware!
abes914
I had a similar pm from the same guy for my wtb wiper stalk lever:

Contact Matthew in Missouri, He has a wiper stalk for 1975 for sale. Here's his email matthewsalazar376
Rusty
Thank you for reporting this. I received the same PM for my classified WTB.

sonnhalterrobert is now banned.

The admin team has been notified. Please contact the admins if you see a scam like this going forward.
Mikey914
Good to see this get shutdown. aktion035.gif
Cairo94507
Outstanding work guys. beerchug.gif
Rob-O
Got a PM from him too about radio parts...
tailwind22
QUOTE(Rob-O @ Nov 27 2019, 06:18 AM) *

Got a PM from him too about radio parts...

Likewise on a wtb ad I had posted.
Chi-town
@SirAndy Can we put up a sticky in the classifieds about replying to WTB adds in the thread only not via PM to avoid these scams?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.