Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FRAUD ALERT - Scam in the 914 Classifieds via PM
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Pages: 1, 2
914_7T3
Wanted to make @SirAndy and all 914 World Members aware of a possible scam. Was contacted by user "sonnhalterrobert" with the below PM from one of my WTB ads:

"Contact Matthew in Missouri, He has a Genuine Porsche 2.0 Center Caps for sale. Here's his email matthewsalazar376@gmail.com"

This user created a profile only today and has zero posts so I googled the email address and got the below thread from 911uk.com of a fraud alert.

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1512791

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:14 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
Users should also be on the lookout and AVOID at all costs any contact from zero post members contacting them regarding parts for sale or wanted that originate from the USA.

Another fraudster "sonnhalterrobert" has been caught using the email matthewsalazar376@gmail.com

All parts buyers beware!
Rusty
Thank you for reporting this.

I received the same PM for my classified WTB.

sonnhalterrobert is now banned.
stevend914
Glad I looked at this post, I also received the same pm for a part I am looking for, thanks
TonyA
I e mailed the guy before I saw this. He sent me a picture for the wrong part I was looking for.... what an idiot. He is not even a smart crook. Thanks for the heads up.
roblav1
Sent to me too.
rcarson25
QUOTE(TonyA @ Nov 27 2019, 05:56 AM) *

I e mailed the guy before I saw this. He sent me a picture for the wrong part I was looking for.... what an idiot. He is not even a smart crook. Thanks for the heads up.

I received one of these PMs as well. Between this and the fake Fuchs it seems like these scammers are trying everything on these boards his week!
Rusty
I'm going to nail this. If you get a PM like this, odds are it's a scam. Please report it to the admin team.
JKW
QUOTE(Rusty @ Nov 27 2019, 07:32 AM) *

I'm going to nail this. If you get a PM like this, odds are it's a scam. Please report it to the admin team.

I received two of these PMs with the email yesterday and today.

Jon
9144me2enjoy
FRAUD/SCAM ALERT: I see where these people were already mentioned today by 914 7T3 but i will add to it. Be aware of new member sonnhalterrobert who will send you an email directing you to contact a Matthew in Missouri who has parts your looking for. You will be directed to email address matthewsalazar376@gmail.com. This is a major scam ring who will do whatever it takes to get you to transfer your money through Cash Ap or Bank to Bank Wire, PAyPal or whatever your gelable for. Matthew is working with his associate Karen Salazar using her information for payment. Any questions contact me.
johnlips
I received the same email regarding the 914-6 snorkel and airbox I’m looking for. Been emailing with the guy. Matthew Salazar. Sounded fishy. Glad I looked on the forum.
johnlips
QUOTE(johnlips @ Nov 28 2019, 01:14 PM) *

I received the same email regarding the 914-6 snorkel and airbox I’m looking for. Been emailing with the guy. Matthew Salazar. Sounded fishy. Glad I looked on the forum.

Here’s the email thread...
Yes, I do. I've taken the page down since you and other guy on the forum as been talking to me about the parts

Thanks Matthew

14840 state route b lot 27
St James, Missouri

On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 8:46 PM John Lipscomb <johnlips@aol.com> wrote:
Before I send any money, do you have any bonafides?

Are you established on the 914 world website?

Free to chat on the phone perhaps?

Not meant to offend but I’d rather not send money blindly.

I do not have the cash app, I have Venmo and Paypal.

Best,
John

On Nov 28, 2019, at 11:11 AM, Matthew Salazar <matthewsalazar376@gmail.com> wrote:

Cashapp is okay.. $Cnk202 is my cashapp username

Thanks Matthew

14840 state route b lot 27
St James, Missouri
zprovo
I nearly fell for a PM from: Peterbill614
thanks to Paypal for stopping me.
ThePaintedMan
Got the same one from Peterbill. SCAM!
914werke
Got one today from a user on the Bird! Directing me to a 3rd .gmail address.
Its getting crazy~
mepstein
They figure guys who own Porsche's have money.
SirAndy
Got another one today.

DO NOT send any emails to robertkyln@aol.com it's a SCAM ...
dry.gif

MM1
Thank you, Sir.
Cairo94507
Man, I posted a WTB over on the Pelican for a 911 engine part and have received 2 scammers trying to get me to send them cash via "cashapp" or PayPal. Both were people who joined the day they replied to me. Both replies were weird, like "I have the part".

One dude had a criminal record and sent me his photo along with an expired OH driver's license. The addresses he sent were shady too. He initially wanted $150 plus shipping and then came down to $25 shipped.... yeah, scammer.

I did not fall for either of these douche bags.

Just be careful when buying or selling parts guys. We all work hard for our hobby and do not need to be giving money to these scammer douche bags who should be dealt with severely.
930cabman
As a rule of thumb would it be safe to say "anyone less than 50 posts" Red Flag?

thank you
914_7T3
@SirAndy

Just got the below PM from baddynatty18, new profile & 0 Posts .

Smells like a scam....................

"hey got he Rear Sway Bar Drop Link for sales at a cool rate send me a mail at mikewill231111 at protonmail dot com thanks"
SirAndy
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Jun 13 2021, 09:43 AM) *

@SirAndy

Just got the below PM from baddynatty18, new profile & 0 Posts .

Smells like a scam....................

"hey got he Rear Sway Bar Drop Link for sales at a cool rate send me a mail at mikewill231111 at protonmail dot com thanks"

@914_7T3

Got it, thanks!
smilie_pokal.gif
SirAndy
Here's another one, do NOT send/reply to:
Click to view attachment

dry.gif

NARP74
Die scammer scum
SirAndy
If you get a PM in response to an Ad you posted that is asking you to contact a 3rd party because the sender "knows someone" who has/wants the part, IT'S A SCAM !

type.gif

914werke
yup those are the dirtbags I sent you today. sunglasses.gif
I see one is still active sending PM's sad.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(914werke @ Sep 2 2021, 11:21 AM) *

I see one is still active sending PM's sad.gif

confused24.gif

I retired both accounts immediately after i got your PM. None of them has sent any new PMs since (because they can't anymore).

Unless they have another account to send from ...
idea.gif
MM1
Thank you all!
SirAndy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 22 2021, 11:34 AM) *

Got another one today.

DO NOT send any emails to robertkyln@aol.com it's a SCAM ...
dry.gif

Different day, same asshole, do NOT reply to this guy!
ar15.gif

larryM

same thing going on on MG Experience - got 2 of em by PM

QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Nov 26 2019, 08:31 PM) *

This user created a profile only today and has zero posts so I googled the email address and got the below thread from 911uk.com of a fraud alert.

All parts buyers beware!

SirAndy
Another one ...
ar15.gif

IPB Image
rhodyguy
The old too good to be true cheap price.
mepstein
Really common on Pelican.

Sir Andy - Thanks for all you do beerchug.gif
PCA7GGR
Pitchman090 sent this PM to me today:

Hello Buddy,
Are you still looking?
Contact Steve he has one available for sale at a fair price.. Pm him stevegerald198@gmail.com
shredtherad
QUOTE(PCA7GGR @ Aug 30 2022, 08:53 AM) *

Pitchman090 sent this PM to me today:

Hello Buddy,
Are you still looking?
Contact Steve he has one available for sale at a fair price.. Pm him stevegerald198@gmail.com

I got this same message -- pretty sure it is scammer. I almost got got, I was seeing the purple mist and so stoked for the item they had "for sale" but my senses kicked in...
76-914
I got one in response to my WTB a few weeks back. They're out there.
from wilsonn on july31:

The last time I purchased parts from Mr Presten
He mentioned he had a Right side metal rocker cover for sale. Hit him up prestensteven@gmail.com he might still have what you looking for.
Cheers Mate and stay safe
Pezz
Sincere Thanks to Everyone and especially Sir Andy for being smart and alerting us all.
Click to view attachment
gord
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 30 2022, 01:47 PM) *

I got one in response to my WTB a few weeks back. They're out there.
from wilsonn on july31:

The last time I purchased parts from Mr Presten
He mentioned he had a Right side metal rocker cover for sale. Hit him up prestensteven@gmail.com he might still have what you looking for.

Wanted to let @SirAndy know that this guy is still operating here - I just got one like this from wilsonn today:

The last time I purchased parts from Mr Michael
He mentioned he had a 75-76 fuel pump blister cover for sale. Hit him up Michaelmckemie51@gmail.com he might still have what you looking for.

A quick google search for this email address shows that this guy (wilsonn) runs this scam all over the Internet using the emails prestensteven@gmail.com and Michaelmckemie51@gmail.com

Here's his profile:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showuser=26666

SirAndy
Thanks for tagging me, just posting here won't get my attention.

Here's the latest two scammers that got the ban hammer
smash.gif

pitchman090
Hello Buddy,<br />Are you still looking?<br />
Contact Steve he has one available for sale at a fair price..
Pm him stevegerald198@gmail.com<br />

wilsonn
The last time I purchased parts from Mr Michael<br />
He mentioned he had a std /std 2.4/2.7 crank for sale. Hit him up Michaelmckemie51@gmail.com he might
still have what you looking for.<br />Cheers Mate and stay safe <br />
SirAndy
dry.gif ar15.gif

Message Forwarded From Cgt675

Hello Mate ,
Are you still looking?
Contact charles he has one available for sale at a fair price.. Pm him charlesjason846@gmail.com

L-Jet914
Posting here to let people know about StingBee here on the 914World forum aka Hans Bleisch on Facebook. Apparently scammed one of the 914World members out of money for the US Hella tail lights they are selling @SirAndy .
SirAndy
Don't pay anyone through Venmo or Zelle

If they're asking you to send them money through those services, chances are they are a SCAMMER
dry.gif
cashiersjm
@sir andy
Another scammer to add to the list. Contacted me from a post on Pelican. Wanted funds by cashapp, then by Paypal friends & family. He received the funds, then disappeared. Goes by Steve Buckman, stevebuckman294@gmail.com or johnnyscott7930@gmail.com
76-914
QUOTE(cashiersjm @ Jan 8 2023, 07:46 AM) *

@sir andy
Another scammer to add to the list. Contacted me from a post on Pelican. Wanted funds by cashapp, then by Paypal friends & family. He received the funds, then disappeared. Goes by Steve Buckman, stevebuckman294@gmail.com or johnnyscott7930@gmail.com

@SirAndy
SirAndy
Here's another scammer:
Rique
slap.gif

DO NOT REPLY to their PMs ...

In fact, any PM that tells you to contact another 3rd party member at a specific email address because they have what you are looking for is 99.9% of the time a scam.
sheeplove.gif
technicalninja
I have one now!
Berger78 let me know...

"You should communicate with Duncan, He has a serpentine crank pully for AC for sale in Mint condition... Get hold of him on jorgeduncan81@aol.com"

What Berger doesn't know is that @ClayPerrine also has one with my name on it and I no-longer need to find one...

Clay's is mint as well

Scammer that needs to be exterminated!

@SirAndy
BillJ
Yes just got the same note except for my transmission request
SirAndy
Got him
smash.gif

DO NOT email jorgeduncan81@aol.com
It's a SCAM
ar15.gif
AnthonyM
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 5 2023, 09:33 AM) *

Got him
smash.gif

DO NOT email jorgeduncan81@aol.com
It's a SCAM
ar15.gif

Just now seeing a PM from Berger78 also on 4/5 stating that he was a scammer. Has this person been kicked off yet?
SirAndy
Got him
smash.gif

DO NOT email shaqbam7@gmail.com
It's a SCAM
ar15.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.