Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cyber 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chi-town
I saw this and was speechless. The amount of time and effort spent to do this must have been enormous. I just can't figure out why? screwy.gif icon8.gif

On eBay now for $34k Here
bretth
WTF.gif seems like it would have been easier to get a Fiero or a Europa instead of going through all that trouble.
Front yard mechanic
Groovy baby! it is from Woodstock after all
Superhawk996
QUOTE(Chi-town @ Nov 28 2019, 09:44 AM) *

I saw this and was speechless. The amount of time and effort spent to do this must have been enormous. I just can't figure out why? screwy.gif icon8.gif

@Chi-town

This coming from the guy that builds Porscharu's. happy11.gif

Now before you get mad, I'm just kidding . . . . I'm a live and let live guy. But like you, that one is a real head scratcher. I at least sort of get the Subaru thing . . . well maybe not totally. lol-2.gif

But the fact that you've rescued an 914 from an EV conversion is more than enough to appreciate all that you do! first.gif
Rob-O
Besides the motor I can’t really make out anything that is from a 914. No VIN listed.
ClayPerrine
barf.gif
Chris H.
"Condition is New." Hmmmm.....that seems unlikely idea.gif .

sixnotfour
isnt that a Kelmark ish body ?
SirAndy
icon8.gif
rgalla9146
Looks fast as shit !
poorsche914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Nov 28 2019, 11:44 AM) *
isnt that a Kelmark ish body ?

Looks like it. Definitely not built on a 914 - you can see the center tunnel typical of a VW floorpan. As stated above, only part even remotely "914" is the engine.

driving.gif
rjames
Fugly from all angles.
mlindner
engine looks like its behind the axle, VW style.
poorsche914
From the seller when asked how vehicle is titled:
This is a custom built brand new car w/Porsche engine Ebay would not allow us to post with IL assigned vin so we used vin from motor

And then a followup:
This is a brand new custom built car inspected and titled by IL sec.of state has new IL clean title and licence VIN S0S314604IL can supply any and all info you need

I suggested he remove the info about it being a Porsche 914 since it is very misleading. The ad has remained unchanged. dry.gif

driving.gif
walterolin
"A VIN is composed of 17 characters (digits and capital letters) that act as a unique identifier for the vehicle."

Per AutoCheck
dr.tim
It doesn't help that the VIN starts with S-O-S.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
too many with great skills waste there time on foolishness
Chi-town
The dude is a pain to get info from

VIN S0S0314604IL (IL kit car vin)
engine and tail shift trans engine rebuilt w/over size
cylinders and F.I.

I think it's a tube chassis with a 914 engine and trans
Maltese Falcon
I kind of like the Cyberness of my Kid's red clay 914...made in the '90s in the Boy Scouts; pottery & ceramic field trip. It's been fired in the kiln too aktion035.gif
Click to view attachment
tazz9924
Wow its beautiful in a world burning sort of way
Robarabian
I only wonder if the glass is shatterproof... piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(tazz9924 @ Dec 1 2019, 02:49 PM) *

Wow its beautiful in a world burning sort of way

Even Elon likes his Holiday bird cooked in a Cyber kind of way biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment

nathanxnathan
The headlights remind me of
IPB Image
Maltese Falcon
Although form & function are working in this build (eyes of the constructor)...one can never expect a $ for $ return on investment on something so 1-off. In my first shop (Culver City near Paramount Studios) I would take on any project that came in the door...needed work to buy shop machines. A guy drove in one day in a Kelmark with a 2180 type 1. He was in the music biz...wrote music for bands like Tommy James & Shondells. He wanted his gull-wing Kelmark turbocharged, so with cash in hand the deal was made. Fast forward to test-drive day; my partner and I driving on a nearby freeway about 65 mph. Then he punches it and it hits 90 in a flash, the gull wing door locks fail on both sides, doors fly up, so we are now trying to grab the doors. Fighting the wind and the lightweight car starts darting over lanes , finally at about 30 mph on the offramp the doors settle back down. Needless to say the car was potent ...
But I'll never drive /nor ride in a kit car spiritedly again !
Just something else to consider on custom kit cars blink.gif
Click to view attachment
mepstein
We had a 356 speedster wide body with a turbocharged vw engine come into the shop. We had to get the engine running. During a test ride in the industrial park, at about 75mph, it started getting really squirrelly. Owner hit the brakes and the car spun off the road.
A couple months later I saw the car for sale at Hershey.
cali914
QUOTE(Chi-town @ Nov 28 2019, 06:44 AM) *

Someone was really bored icon_bump.gif
cali914
QUOTE(Chi-town @ Nov 28 2019, 06:44 AM) *

someone was really bored icon_bump.gif
cali914
Someone was really bored
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.