Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front brake back plate question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rcarson25
I am building my 1970 right now and I apparently have 1 early front brake rotor backing plate/ dust shield. I have a late parts car and have both front rotor backing plates from that. These early and late look different, but are they interchangeable? I have an early brake setup from pmb on the way and I need to figure out if I need to search for another early backing plate or if I can clean up the late model ones and run with those. Thanks in advance.
914Sixer
Early and late are do not interchange due of brake caliper offset. Any reason you did not use the late set up?
injunmort
if it will bolt on without interference and originality is not a concern, I would try it. early and late struts differ in offsets, so calipers and rotors differ, I don't know if the dust shields would make a difference. no ruby, no problem. buts that's me.
rcarson25
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 1 2019, 06:40 PM) *

Early and late are do not interchange due of brake caliper offset. Any reason you did not use the late set up?

Shoot, thought that might be the case. I went early becausethe car came with an early 5 lug setup..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.