Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Werks Reunion Amelia Island 2020
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
jdamiano
Who is planning to attend the Reunion Friday March 6th and or the Cars and Coffee Saturday the 7th? Sign up for the C&C is now and Werks sign up is opening in the next couple weeks. I’m thinking about planning a drive down to the Brumos museum Saturday after C&C for any teeners interested. I’m gauging interest.
URY914
Do you know where the Brumos museum is being built? I thought it was around Mayo but couldn't find where.
stevegm
I’m in.
poorsche914
I plan to make the trip.

driving.gif
stevend914
I'm thinking on making the trip
poorsche914
Well, looks like the "Steve"s will be well represented lol-2.gif

driving.gif
stevend914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Dec 3 2019, 08:13 PM) *

Do you know where the Brumos museum is being built? I thought it was around Mayo but couldn't find where.

59 Lee Rd??
DRPHIL914
I applied early and accepted for the C&C, Steve was waitlisted for C& C but cancelations happen so hope you get in but if not still come but parking is crazy tis all over the place along the roads etc. For Werks on Friday, pay for the Porsche Coral parking if not being judged, its worth it, they will put all the 914's together - last year there were 4-5 showing/judging and only 3 of us in the Coral, would be great to have 20 or more there!!! I plan on trying to get in for the judging so we'll see, its not open yet.....
VaccaRabite
I've got lodgings secured and plan on bringing the 914 in one way or another.

Zach
ClayPerrine
Betty and I are planning on being there. We even have a hotel room reserved.

But we are going to be in a rental car. mad.gif

DRPHIL914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Dec 4 2019, 08:50 AM) *

Clay there are options..... poke.gif

https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/productservi...A&gclsrc=ds

@ClayPerrine
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Dec 4 2019, 08:48 AM) *

Zach

I might be sleeping in my car, even back a few weeks ago when I got accepted for the C&C all hotels were booked up .... and the AirBNB as well.... its not looking good for a hotel room. ..... might have to be a ways out and drive in unfortunately
Manny Alban
Try Jacksonville, near the airport, for lower priced but name brand hotels. Plus, the food is less expensive as well. I've been staying by the airport for all the Amelia Island concours and werks events. Nice drive into Amelia (about 30 minutes).
URY914
QUOTE(stevend914 @ Dec 4 2019, 06:03 AM) *

QUOTE(URY914 @ Dec 3 2019, 08:13 PM) *

59 Lee Rd??

That is the address of the old building behind the old dealership building.
They have to move from there because the dealership was sold.
MJHanna
I going if I can get into the judged group. Then I can say I have driven it from coast to coast. piratenanner.gif
Greg914-6GT
Missed racing with HSR at Daytona and Sebring due to restoration delays. We are bringing this bad boy. Car is painted in Porsche Exclusive Gold, as found on limited edition Turbo S. I wasn't a fan of Gold ever in my life, but after seeing the Richard Childress Gold cars at the Daytona 500, celebrating his 50th anniversary, I was hooked. Pretty ironic it's the 914's 50th anniversary celebration at Werks Reunion.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
jdamiano
Sign up starts tomorrow. https://www.pca.org/event/2019-12-03/werks-...lia-island-2020
stevegm
QUOTE(jdamiano @ Dec 3 2019, 07:57 PM) *

Who is planning to attend the Reunion Friday March 6th and or the Cars and Coffee Saturday the 7th? Sign up for the C&C is now and Werks sign up is opening in the next couple weeks. I’m thinking about planning a drive down to the Brumos museum Saturday after C&C for any teeners interested. I’m gauging interest.

Registration is open. I had debated, but, I guess it is a bit of a 50th anniversary of the 914 event. So that settled it for me.

EDIT: I went back in and added judging. We will see how this goes.
stevend914
QUOTE(stevegm @ Dec 11 2019, 11:20 AM) *

QUOTE(jdamiano @ Dec 3 2019, 07:57 PM) *

Registration is open.

Took some doing, but I'm registered
DRPHIL914
Not working for me, says 2 hours 20 minutes more stuff before open (Werks) confused24.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Dec 11 2019, 12:55 PM) *

Not working for me, says 2 hours 20 minutes more stuff before open (Werks) confused24.gif

got it done, but I had to go in thru logging into PCA site not just generic, that would make me wait until 3pm, after logging in and then clicking on the link it took me directly to the motorsportreg.com site and completed it fast, since I have an account with them already from last year. - so if you are having an issue and you are a PCA member go that way and you should be able to get done now. - I was #18 I think in the judging category and there were about 20 so far in the Coral registration .

good luck and see ya'all there
racer914
The Brumos Collection • 4310 Pablo Oaks Ct., Jacksonville, FL
stevegm
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Dec 11 2019, 01:23 PM) *

got it done, but I had to go in thru logging into PCA site not just generic, that would make me wait until 3pm, after logging in and then clicking on the link it took me directly to the motorsportreg.com site and completed it fast, since I have an account with them already from last year. - so if you are having an issue and you are a PCA member go that way and you should be able to get done now. - I was #18 I think in the judging category and there were about 20 so far in the Coral registration .

How could you tell what number you are?
stevend914
QUOTE(stevegm @ Dec 11 2019, 01:27 PM) *

Probably checked the "see who else is attending" link right after registering - I noticed that I registered as the third 914 attending.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(stevend914 @ Dec 11 2019, 03:56 PM) *

QUOTE(stevegm @ Dec 11 2019, 01:27 PM) *

Probably checked the "see who else is attending" link right after registering - I noticed that I registered as the third 914 attending.
correct.
JFJ914
Hey DrPhil,

Did you see this:

"Werks Reunion was created by the Porsche Club of America as an event to celebrate both the Porsche marque as well as the camaraderie of being an enthusiast. This is not a contest of who has removed dust from the deepest crevices in their Porsche but rather a judged show that rewards a Porsche that has been lovingly maintained and presents itself well on the field. Our judges do not use Porsche Parade Concours score sheets but rather rank the cars according to certain attributes discussed prior to judging. For those who do not wish to have their cars judged, you may display in the model-specific corrals or if the organizers see fit, on the judged field itself. There are no score sheets returned or protest committees. This is a casual gathering of Porsche enthusiasts focused on having fun rather than solely competition."

Sounds like you can relax and have some fun.
BENBRO02
I signed up for the corral. It's only 679 miles each way, what could go wrong? driving.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(JFJ914 @ Dec 11 2019, 04:51 PM) *

Hey DrPhil,

Did you see this:

"Werks Reunion was created by the Porsche Club of America as an event to celebrate both the Porsche marque as well as the camaraderie of being an enthusiast. This is not a contest of who has removed dust from the deepest crevices in their Porsche but rather a judged show that rewards a Porsche that has been lovingly maintained and presents itself well on the field. Our judges do not use Porsche Parade Concours score sheets but rather rank the cars according to certain attributes discussed prior to judging. For those who do not wish to have their cars judged, you may display in the model-specific corrals or if the organizers see fit, on the judged field itself. There are no score sheets returned or protest committees. This is a casual gathering of Porsche enthusiasts focused on having fun rather than solely competition."

Yes I did and knew that from being there at the coral last year. I think it’s great, it’s not concourse judging and it’s not a people’s choice, it’s something in between. Of course I want to present my car the best I can but a spec of dirt or dust is not what they look at. I’m there to have fun enjoy talking to other porsche owners and builders and get ideas etc. there will be some sweet cars there I am sure- I can share a couple pictures of several nice 914’s last year.
stevegm
QUOTE(JFJ914 @ Dec 11 2019, 04:51 PM) *

Hey DrPhil,

Did you see this:

I’m counting on it. Mine is anything but concours.
poorsche914
Did anyone opt for the grill badge?
Wondering if it will feature the 914 on it idea.gif

driving.gif
stevegm
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Dec 11 2019, 07:20 PM) *

driving.gif

I did. Mainly because it’s the 50th anniversary. I hope it will feature the 914.
stevegm
Double post
URY914
QUOTE(racer914 @ Dec 11 2019, 11:46 AM) *

The Brumos Collection • 4310 Pablo Oaks Ct., Jacksonville, FL

I tried to find this address and no luck. They say it's opening in Jan 2020. They better hurry.
stevend914
QUOTE(stevegm @ Dec 11 2019, 06:49 PM) *

driving.gif

I did. Mainly because it’s the 50th anniversary. I hope it will feature the 914.

I did also but didn't go for the t-shirt
poorsche914
Wondering if it (grill badge) will feature the 914 on it idea.gif
Got an answer from an event organizer:
The grill badge will have the Werks logo with Amelia Island and year. It won’t include 914. The posters and t-shirts will have artwork of 914s on them.

driving.gif
URY914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Dec 11 2019, 07:40 PM) *

The grill badge will have the Werks logo with Amelia Island and year. It won’t include 914. The posters and t-shirts will have artwork of 914s on them.

driving.gif

And the 914 owners get hosed again.
stevend914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Dec 11 2019, 08:40 PM) *

driving.gif

OK, so, I deleted the badge and added the shirt
MJHanna
I think I'll pass on the shirts High quality polo style shirt with embroidered Werks Reunion Amelia Island logo and "2017" WTF.gif designation. Got signed up for the judged group, It's only 1050 mile one way to get there shorter than going to rennsport, piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(stevegm @ Dec 11 2019, 07:49 PM) *

driving.gif

I did too, even without the 914 on the badge, still a collectible item to have I think. I am signed up for Judging, shirt, badge, etc and am in the C&C Saturday.
billh1963
I was at the first one a couple years ago when they celebrated the Boxster. Very nice event with lots to see.

Many participants (including me) stayed in Brunswick, GA. Much less expensive and, IIRC, less than an hour drive to the event.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Dec 13 2019, 06:24 AM) *

I was at the first one a couple years ago when they celebrated the Boxster. Very nice event with lots to see.

Many participants (including me) stayed in Brunswick, GA. Much less expensive and, IIRC, less than an hour drive to the event.

I think it was Kingsbay I stayed last year in Ga and was like $70 a night and really not bad. might do that again this year, if I cant find something closer, just sucks to be so far away being I have to clean and prep. oh well it is what it is.
jdamiano
Some of us will be meeting up Friday and Saturday mornings to ride in together very close to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - Blount Island. It’s a very nice 30 minute drive in from there. Got to watch the sun rise over the ocean as we drove in last year.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(jdamiano @ Dec 13 2019, 04:24 PM) *

Some of us will be meeting up Friday and Saturday mornings to ride in together very close to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - Blount Island. It’s a very nice 30 minute drive in from there. Got to watch the sun rise over the ocean as we drove in last year.

That might be a quicker drive than from the north side in, with construction last year it took me 45 minutes to go 20 miles
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Dec 4 2019, 09:09 AM) *

Zach

I might be sleeping in my car, even back a few weeks ago when I got accepted for the C&C all hotels were booked up .... and the AirBNB as well.... its not looking good for a hotel room. ..... might have to be a ways out and drive in unfortunately

Finally secured a hotel room for the weekend but I am out on the 295 beltway, at the hwy105 /295 intersection. Will have to be driving in from there on Friday and Saturday.
See ya’ll there.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Dec 13 2019, 04:59 PM) *

QUOTE(jdamiano @ Dec 13 2019, 04:24 PM) *

That might be a quicker drive than from the north side in, with construction last year it took me 45 minutes to go 20 miles
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Jan 19 2020, 01:34 PM) *

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Dec 4 2019, 09:09 AM) *

Zach

Finally secured a hotel room for the weekend but I am out on the 295 beltway, at the hwy105 /295 intersection. Will have to be driving in from there on Friday and Saturday.
See ya’ll there.

Sounds like same spot, let me know if you guys want to meet up for drive in, I am in the Werks reunion judging and on the fairway for Cars and Coffee on Saturday so I will have to go in pretty early.
jdamiano
A bunch of us will be meeting up at the Gate gas station at 2-95 and Heckscher Dr early for the drive in. I know at least one other judged 914 will be in the group. I will post the details on 914World when we finalize the time. Looking forward to it!!
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(jdamiano @ Jan 19 2020, 03:44 PM) *

A bunch of us will be meeting up at the Gate gas station at 2-95 and Heckscher Dr early for the drive in. I know at least one other judged 914 will be in the group. I will post the details on 914World when we finalize the time. Looking forward to it!!

Looks like that is right across the intersection form the Holiday Inn I will be at, see ya all there.
stevegm
I haven’t reserved a room. I assume I’m out of luck within any reasonable distance, huh?
URY914
You should make the drive in the morning using 105 (Heckscher Dr.).
Great road.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(stevegm @ Jan 19 2020, 07:12 PM) *

I haven’t reserved a room. I assume I’m out of luck within any reasonable distance, huh?

Steve see my post above - there are still rooms at this hotel- a few locals and others cruising in in the morning from there so grab a room at that Holiday inn now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.