Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 123ignition install problem with stabbing it into shaft groove
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
9144me2enjoy
Question maybe you can help me out. I’m in the process of putting a 123ignition in my 914 1.8. The original ignition/distributor came out with no problem. I slid the spacer on the shaft first then the locking ring but I’m having a hard time getting the shaft to drop down in the hole into the slots/groove. I have moved the rotor around where it looks like its lined up with the groove in the bottom of the shaft and put grease on the shaft and o-ring. What am i doing wrong? Thanks

I was able to get it to finally drop in by leaving off the spacer! I’m not sure how important the spacer is on this application?
rjames
You need the spacer to engage the distributor.
It took a bit of force (nothing drastic!) to get mine to seat. Make absolutely sure you have it lined up properly. Reinstall your old distributor, remove it and make note of how the bottom lines up and try again.
9144me2enjoy
Thanks, I was able to get the distributor stabbed finally! Did you end up using the blue wire? I know since the 914s are Negative ground therefore the black wire goes to the - post on the coil and the red wire goes to the + post on the coil. But not sure if or where the Blue wire goes in my application. (Carbs not FI). Found out it connects to the negative post on the battery. Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.