Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: today's obscure ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
of the 2 terminals on the lights one is copper and the other appears not to be. would the hot lead go to the copper one or vice versa? wow, if those ground out and pop the fuse it creates a host of electrical issues.

kevin
Porsche Rescue
Can't remember for sure but you are right, they are "color coded". I always peel the rubber away and look at the contacts. You can tell which is ground and which goes to the bulb. Then remember the color code until the next time when I have forgotten and have to peel the rubber again. It does make for lots of problems if you ground the hot lead!
GWN7
Copper to copper. While off the car take the rubber boot off and clean the insides up.
rhodyguy
thank you. i couldn't figure the problems that dropped out the sky. let see what did i do just before they started? put on the rear bumper!! if the leads were chaffed by the metal of the holes where they pass through in the body, they would be about last thing you would think of. #7 fuse i believe. hi-low beams, oil p. light, high beam indicator, maybe more. poof, they were gone. oh yeah, no plate lights. that's a ticket where i live. or an excuse to pull you over.

kevin

kevin
Bleyseng
They just pull you over cuz you are driving that funny lookin car! It ain't a lowered Honda or low rider Chevy Impala, dude!

Geoff
Elliot_Cannon
Ground wires are always brown I think. You can almost always tell the ground wire by checking the color of the insulation.
Cheers, Elliot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.